Transportation from Port of Miami to West Palm Beach Airport?

PCWalton1

Hi,

We will be arriving back to Miami off Navigator and may have to take a flight home that leaves at 1:30pm from West Palm Beach Airport (PBI). Any suggestions for transportation for two of us with luggage? Should I be concerned about the 1:30 pm departure time? It will be on a Sunday in late January.

a one way rental is probably your best bet, the drive is straight up 95, in round numbers 65 miles or so .... depending on where you get the car.

1:30 does not allow much margin for error ..... there are no rental cars at the port .. you either go to a place in town or out to the airport. Following a cruise one time I spent 90 minutes in line trying to p/up a car at the airport .....

You CAN get there by train ... but not with your departure time IMO.

or a private car http://www.imperialtrips.com/

Edited by Capt_BJ

I hope you saved a lot on those PBI tickets. :confused:

Depending upon traffic the drive will take 1.5 to 1 hours; for a 1:30 flight you need to be at PBI by about noon. A one-way rental car is your cheap and easy solution but I am not sure that you have the time to check it out, drive, gas up & drop off. Avis, Hertz and Dollar have downtown locations close to POM or just grab a $27 cab to MIA and rent the car from there.

I would look at private car/limo service - Larry's Limos is often suggested for Miami service.

a one way rental is probably your best bet, the drive is straight up 95, in round numbers 65 miles or so .... depending on where you get the car.

1:30 does not allow much margin for error ..... there are no rental cars at the port .. you either go to a place in town or out to the airport. Following a cruise one time I spent 90 minutes in line trying to p/up a car at the airport .....

You CAN get there by train ... but not with your departure time IMO.

or a private car http://www.imperialtrips.com/

I hope you saved a lot on those PBI tickets. :confused:

Depending upon traffic the drive will take 1.5 to 1 hours; for a 1:30 flight you need to be at PBI by about noon. A one-way rental car is your cheap and easy solution but I am not sure that you have the time to check it out, drive, gas up & drop off. Avis, Hertz and Dollar have downtown locations close to POM or just grab a $27 cab to MIA and rent the car from there.

I would look at private car/limo service - Larry's Limos is often suggested for Miami service.

Thanks,

There is a flight at 3 pm too but I think JohninDC is right and most of the savings will be gobbled up by the travel expenses.

Thanks for the advice.

Personally, I have no issue with it. We had a 130pm flight from PBI (ironically, after getting off the Navigator lol), and although we were in Port Everglades, we were there in no time. There was zero wait to clear security and the airport was so quiet it was awesome. I bet people that went down the street to FLL were probably still standing in line by the time we drove to PBI and got to our gate. We booked a limo from southfloridatransportation.com and it was painless (and they picked us up in a 22 passenger Escalade lol). We booked limo because we had 4 people and luggage and thought a town car would be a bit less comfortable, but for 2 people that would be fine and a fair amount cheaper as well. We stepped off the ship at 9 and were at our gate before 1030. Add an hour to account for the extra distance and you are still looking good, I think. If you want to be a bit quicker, you can carry your own luggage off as well.

We flew out of PBI on our last cruise. We rented a car from Alamo at Miami airport, which had a free shuttle from the cruise port. We had a little more time (flew out at 3:30) and drove up along the coast, which was fun. We had plenty of time to stop for lunch too. We didn't bother stopping to fill up with gas, I think it costed an extra $6 or so for them to fill it which wasn't a big deal.

There is a budget rental company near POM. The code for their location is M5E. They are on 89 SE 2nd St. Ask the taxi driver to use the street not the freeway to get there. Cost is $13 plus tip. I print directions because they want to use a GPS to take freeway. Price then is around $21 plus tip. Use the budget discount code Y937800. Also sign up for fast break system. Your car will be ready for you and you should not have to wait long. Make sure you are off of the ship fast. Carry your luggage. You can get those flights if you plan correctly.

Relax and enjoy life.