New Caledonia - injections required

Esilef

Oh my goodness I am experiencing something similar with my 83yo mother who I am cruising with next month.

She keeps forgetting where we are going so I keep having to answer the same questions over and over!

Arggghhhh it's going to be a looooong cruise :rolleyes:

Oh good luck with that. Our last cruise was with our SIL who has early onset dementia. It was hard work and never again. Our friends and work colleagues were waiting to read in the news headlines ... "AUSTRALIAN WOMAN MISSING IN SOUTH CHINA SEA; COMPANIONS ASSISTING POLICE WITH THEIR ENQUIRIES".

Oh good luck with that. Our last cruise was with our SIL who has early onset dementia. It was hard work and never again. Our friends and work colleagues were waiting to read in the news headlines ... "AUSTRALIAN WOMAN MISSING IN SOUTH CHINA SEA; COMPANIONS ASSISTING POLICE WITH THEIR ENQUIRIES".

I am sorry, I laughed at your post. I feel for you and the rest of her family.:)

I am sorry, I laughed at your post. I feel for you and the rest of her family.:)

It's ok we laugh too as often as we can. Rosie is widowed now and some years ago she drew up a bucket list that included going on a cruise. It's the sort of thing you just roll with. :rolleyes:

Maybe you should get your mum and Esilef 's dad to cruise together, and they can console each other about the meds and the cruise.

Lol!!!!!

Wondering how many single 60+ aged women will be hitting on dad.....

You can have fun watching that, but the interesting question is "Will he respond?" You never know, you might hardly see him on board.:)

Remember that if you return to your room and there is a sock on the handle - whatever you do, do not go in.:eek:

Has anyone got a spare Rolex from China? :D

I bought a $20 Rolex in HK in November, just for a laugh. Still going.

The bloke I bought it off in Kowloon had about 20 watches up each arm, all covered of course.

Lol!!!!!

Wondering how many single 60+ aged women will be hitting on dad.....

Plenty of 'Cougars' on the cruise ships, heh, heh. Tell your Dad to be a good boy scout and 'be prepared.' LOL.

Above all, yall enjoy !!!

I bought a $20 Rolex in HK in November, just for a laugh. Still going.

The bloke I bought it off in Kowloon had about 20 watches up each arm, all covered of course.

We bought one years ago. A watchmaker who looked at it said the workings were quite reasonable quality.

And the knitters and natterers. I am sure that is just a front for single, older women to get together to discuss any single, older men located on the ship! :p

I love a good conspiracy story.

I haven't heard of that group but then why would I, I am not single.;)

LOL,:D

Be prepared, if you are packing medications and such, perhaps some extra protection may be needed as well.:eek:

My ex husband is worried that he may stay the ex husband if I go on this cruise........

Might ask him if I need any extra protection........ From viruses of course.

I'm heading on a Pacific Island Hopper cruise in a fortnight, and saw my doctor today. She only recommended having an updated Tetanus needle (it was free anyway) and a Typhoid/Hep A needle if I want to be cautious. She said the risk is low and only really needed if you are going to be eating things like seafood and cooked meat. However since most of the cruise ships provide the food and/or the tour operators providing them would be reputable, it wouldn't be much to worry about.

My ex husband is worried that he may stay the ex husband if I go on this cruise........

Might ask him if I need any extra protection........ From viruses of course.

Yes, perhaps you should, I hear the knitters have all the gossip.;)

I'm heading on a Pacific Island Hopper cruise in a fortnight, and saw my doctor today. She only recommended having an updated Tetanus needle (it was free anyway) and a Typhoid/Hep A needle if I want to be cautious. She said the risk is low and only really needed if you are going to be eating things like seafood and cooked meat. However since most of the cruise ships provide the food and/or the tour operators providing them would be reputable, it wouldn't be much to worry about.

Welcome to Cruise critic, and thanks for bringing the sanity back to this thread.

That is the way we look at it. When we are not living in native villages, we don't need some vaccinations that would be recommended on the list for visitors to these places.

Being up to date with Tetanus, polio, and flu vaccinations/immunisations is important.:)