Spanish itineraries

olesiabr

Cruise Critic folks are always a wealth of knowledge, so here goes my question:

We are trying to choose between the Wind Surf Treasures of Southern Spain and Morocco on 9/8 and Star Pride Spanish Serenade on 10/20.

I know the weather is warmer and drier in September.

Wind Surf is a sailing vessel.

The Pride currently has a big hole in her hull (perhaps that is why it is quite a bit less expensive?)

The Pride has larger staterooms.

If anyone has any feedback on these itineraries I'd love to hear it!

Thanks

Decisions decisions. I'd say it's a toss up having been on the Surf and the Legend. You've nailed the differences so I'd say either. Both have their plusses and minuses so you'll just have to figure what means more to you and what has better timing for your life. Airfare might make a difference too. We're doing Spain and Morocco in April on the Surf.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hi, you have two good choices. We took the Surf on the Spanish coast and adored the trip. We went into Barcelona early and had 3 full days there. Tremendous city and great food, so much to see and do. We went to Valencia which has the Holy Grail, I love relics, strange yes, and a great market, Malaga, Almeria, Cartahenga, all of which I adored, Gilbraltor, fun and a day at sea we ended in Lisbon fantastic city. Food and people. We went at the beginning of November followed by a trans-Atlantic. Weather was perfect for touring, no rain, no beaching, very comfortable with a brisk wind. The two trips you are looking at are on par. I would have loved to go to Palma and Tangier. 9/8 will be very warm so the Surf's pool is a nice addition plus the great beaches for a beach break a long the way. However, the trip in October you go to Seville, that is a fabulous city, so, so much to see: Zurburan's painting with his studies of white at the National Art Museum, the cathedral and Columbus's tomb, the Alcazar, flowers, orange trees, the food, walk and walk. The Pride does not have a pool but that time of year it will not be missed. My opinion, been on the Breeze once and the Surf many times different but both wonderful. You have to choose what you like best and I know I did not help you but I hope I added to your excitement. Happy Sailing. Susanne

• 8 months later...