Tamarind Restaurant

gottagoacruzn

Her last mention of the Tam that I can find was Oct 4. I want to hear it from someone who saw it closed for lunch every day of a cruise sometime in the last 6 weeks.

<waving hand> That would be me. The Tam on the NA was only open for dinner (one month ago).

<waving hand> That would be me. The Tam on the NA was only open for dinner (one month ago).

I hope you went and made sure it was closed ;). Now that I think of it I'm likely thinking about the custom made sandwiches (no longer available) on the NA but I'm not sure about it. Heaven forbid that I mention it without doing a through investigation.

I hope you went and made sure it was closed ;). Now that I think of it I'm likely thinking about the custom made sandwiches (no longer available) on the NA but I'm not sure about it. Heaven forbid that I mention it without doing a through investigation.

Well I did check religiously every day for custom-made sandwiches. Never happened. I was so disappointed that I was very happy I'd bought the SBC (excellent selection of beers at the SeaView bar!)

Thanks for the update on the price. It has been a few years since I've been on either the Eurodam or the Nieuw Amsterdan.

Posting that menu just made me hungy. Thanks a lot for that ;)

Hey headhunterke, sorry if I made you hungry, I'm now hungry myself, an I sure cant wait to go.

Hey all, thanks for the info. Now, would it be better to make reservations once onboard the ship, or do so, oh say within the next few weeks or so, also is the first night in Tamarind better since nothing is really going on the first night, that way won't miss out on anything?

Virginia

Hey all, thanks for the info. Now, would it be better to make reservations once onboard the ship, or do so, oh say within the next few weeks or so, also is the first night in Tamarind better since nothing is really going on the first night, that way won't miss out on anything?

Virginia

You might want to make reservation before just in case. On my cruises I usually go there the first night and the last. I book those ahead. I usually book a few more as soon as I get on the ship, I don't like to book too many ahead as the cdn dollar sucks and the 4 star mariner discount doesn't get applied until I'm on the ship.

I was on the Nieuw Amsterdam from October 7 through November 15, 2015. The Tamarind was closed at lunchtime every single one of those days, and I have the daily programs to check. We did wonder at the time if it would reopen once the ship was back in North America, but I have seen reports since (including yours, Dave) that it did not.

The ladies who work the Tamarind at night were working the Lido at lunch (for certain), and I think also breakfast (not so sure, as it was before the coffee had kicked in ;)).

I was on the Nieuw Amsterdam from October 7 through November 15, 2015. The Tamarind was closed at lunchtime every single one of those days, and I have the daily programs to check. We did wonder at the time if it would reopen once the ship was back in North America, but I have seen reports since (including yours, Dave) that it did not.

The ladies who work the Tamarind at night were working the Lido at lunch (for certain), and I think also breakfast (not so sure, as it was before the coffee had kicked in ;)).

There were ladies working breakfast in the Lido and I'm pretty sure they were the Tamarind crew. They had a lovely way of pouring my OJ and coffee!

I asked my server at Tamarind why lunch was no longer being offered. She said rather unconvincingly "we are working on a new menu".

Pinnacle has not been open for lunch at all and so far the MDR has only been open for the Mariner brunch on the last sea day, no lunches.