Military Credit

RCCL does not give shipboard credit for Military. However on occasion Military Discounts will appear on select cruises and it varies regularly. You'll have to do a mock booking and select "MILITARY" under "Exclusive Rates" to see if it applies to the cruise you're interested in booking.

RCCL does not give shipboard credit for Military. However on occasion Military Discounts will appear on select cruises and it varies regularly. You'll have to do a mock booking and select "MILITARY" under "Exclusive Rates" to see if it applies to the cruise you're interested in booking.

When it does apply it is not broadly based but specific to certain categories of stateroom. Essentially it is a form of 'sale' to market staterooms that are not fully taken up. It never applies to junior suite and above.

RCI does not provide a blanket incentive like Princess.

Does RCI give shipboard credit to active and retired military the way Princess and Carnival cruise lines do? This is a question for family members who will be doing their first cruise on RCI. Thanks in advance for any replies.

nope. and we have yet to actually score any discount either.

I was able to secure a Military discount ($100.00) not an OBC for our upcoming 16 September 2016 US and Canada Pacific Coastal Cruise on the Explorer Of The Seas. However out of all of our RCCL Cruises this is a first.

Edited by davekathy

Does RCI give shipboard credit to active and retired military the way Princess and Carnival cruise lines do? This is a question for family members who will be doing their first cruise on RCI. Thanks in advance for any replies.

I booked through a TA and when she called to make a change she got us an additional 25.00 OBC from Royal because we are military. Not much, but its 25.00 that we don't have to spend. lol

You may have to show your DD214,I have used this and had to show it upon check in.Also when you book a cruise always check the Military box and always check to see if they use it.Keep going in and do book and see if it shows up then contact your agent.

You may have to show your DD214,I have used this and had to show it upon check in.Also when you book a cruise always check the Military box and always check to see if they use it.Keep going in and do book and see if it shows up then contact your agent.

I have "Veteran" designated on my license so we are good :) But Good to know to keep checking if they offer discounts. I've seen military rates for other cruises but not ours...

I have received military discount on several cruises, including one I just booked last month. It is not a blanket benefit, and is only offered to sell cabins.

There is a lot of confusion on what qualifies. The short description only refers to active or retired, but when you expand the rules, it also includes combat service, etc., so it is necessary to read the whole thing.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE Baby :D:D Bob and Phyl

They do occasionally offer additional OBC for military. It only happens a couple times a year around military holidays like Memorial day and Veterans day where they offered an additional $50 OBC per cabin on top of their current promotion to military.

When making reservation, they review all options to give us the best rate. i.e. state residence, returning guest, Military. When we do get a Military rate, my husband has to show his ID card at check in time. Very simple!!!

I have "Veteran" designated on my license so we are good :) But Good to know to keep checking if they offer discounts. I've seen military rates for other cruises but not ours...

in PA you can 'self state' veteran on your driver's license. Our local Lowes now requests that a valid VA card be presented for the 10% discount.

CCL always has us fax in copy of DD214 shortly after booking.

We didn't book military on our only RCCL cruise but I had thought the same process would be in effect.

in PA you can 'self state' veteran on your driver's license. Our local Lowes now requests that a valid VA card be presented for the 10% discount.

We didn't book military on our only RCCL cruise but I had thought the same process would be in effect.

In Utah you need to provide the DMV a copy of your DD214 before they will acknowledge you are a Veteran. Those that claim they are Veterans and are not are...I won't go there!

Edited by davekathy

In Utah you need to provide the DMV a copy of your DD214 before they will acknowledge you are a Veteran.

good to hear, was really surprised to find it's opposite here. Now one more card DH has to carry in wallet

Edited by keishashadow

We got a great discount 2 years ago on Celebrity, a decent one last year on Serenade and a decent one 3 years ago on Freedom. This year on Allure, nothing military. It differs a lot and they ask you to bring your military id but may or may not look at it. Check frequently for changes especially around Veterans day.

It never applies to junior suite and above.

Maybe things have changed, but on our Serenade cruise in 2010, we received a pretty good military discount on a junior suite.

We are sailing over Memorial Day this year; an extra little OBC would always be nice!

Edited by subtchr

Occasionally they give discounts and occasionally an OBC, we got an additional 50.00 on our up coming Alaska cruise bringing our OBC to 450.00. You need to do your research, pricing the cruise you are interested in with the box checked for military and without. I alway check senior, military, Fl resident along with my D+ discounts. We have also got great deals on the Oasis, and Freedom, better than the diamond+ discount.

Edited by DiamondSuiteCruiser

I had to provide my DD214 to the state of NY to get the designation on my ID.

Does it bother anyone else that you can "self identify" as a Veteran? That's BS... I have a dependent ID also so I never went and bothered to get a VA Card... Maybe one of these days... lol

I had to provide my DD214 to the state of NY to get the designation on my ID.

Does it bother anyone else that you can "self identify" as a Veteran? That's BS... I have a dependent ID also so I never went and bothered to get a VA Card... Maybe one of these days... lol

As a Vietnam Vet yes it does!!

OK, before everyone goes nuts. I had a choice to get into Federal Law Enforcement you had to be younger than 37. I decided to make the jump and just bought all the time back.

Now the question. I am a 30% disabled Vet, can I request the discount JUST using my DD214? I will admit I have checked and normally you can get the cruise cheaper with just a little research and playing around on the website. The cruise lines seem to do very little for the military in general.

Currently, Oasis in April has a pretty good law enforcement discount.....

Sharpclan

OK, before everyone goes nuts. I had a choice to get into Federal Law Enforcement you had to be younger than 37. I decided to make the jump and just bought all the time back.

Now the question. I am a 30% disabled Vet, can I request the discount JUST using my DD214? I will admit I have checked and normally you can get the cruise cheaper with just a little research and playing around on the website. The cruise lines seem to do very little for the military in general.

Currently, Oasis in April has a pretty good law enforcement discount.....

Sharpclan

Why would anyone jump on you for that? lol.. Thank you for your service!

I would imagine that your DD214 would be enough for them to honor your discount as long as it isn't solely for Active or Retirees?