Future Cruise Credits on a BTB cruise

tdeyette

I’m guessing this has been asked before and I will be doing more Back to Back research soon but I wanted to check to see what peoples experiences have been with Credits on a BTB cruise.

We are thinking of doing a back to back (14 day total) on the Regal, My wife and I have purchased 1 future cruise credit each on our last cruise. If we book this as a 14 day cruise under 1 booking do they treat it as a 14 day cruise and as such issue on board credit as if it were a 14 day cruise? (larger dollar value than a 7 day cruise)

Thanks in advance

Yes if you book it as a 14 day cruise you will receive credit for a 14 day cruise. I booked a 14 day on Regal in November that is 2 7 day cruises (Eastern and Western) and received $100 each for a balcony. The good news is you still get to count them as 2 separate cruises and get 2 cruise credits towards your cruise history.

I'm not sure what would happen though if you purchased 2 separate 7 day segments. I'm sure someone on here would be able to answer that.

Cheers!

What we were told...and cannot verify whether the Princess employee was right..is that if you book one 14 day cruise you can use the one FCC for the whole thing and get the benefits for a 14 night cruise. If you book as 2 7 night cruises, you need 2 certificates each OR you can use the certificate on one and do the other a regular booking (higher deposit, no future cruise OBC). Either way, you get credit for 2 cruise segments, but check with the circle host to be sure they have been applied.

Based on that discussion, I couldn't see a downside to booking as one 14 night, BUT you need to evaluate any other benefits--free internet minutes if elite, shareholder credit if applicable, etc.

When you use your future cruise deposits to book the 14 day cruise each of you will receive the 14 day OBC, $75 inside or $100 balcony/suite plus whatever is offered in any promo. You would require two FCD's each to book as two separate cruises.

Once on board, during the second leg, visit the Captain's Circle Rep. who will be able to adjust your records to give each of you credit for two cruises.

All Princess OBC is based on the way you book the cruise. So for the Shareholder and Military OBC, if you book one cruise you would get $250 for each eligible award. If you book as two 7 day cruises, you would get $100 per leg for each eligible award. The FCC is described above.

The Loyalty OBC is awarded per cabin per leg. If you book one cruise, you get one award. If you book two you would get two awards if you are eligible.

We have a B2B next month. We found the price was lower for the one cruise. The difference exceeded the loss of OBC.

When you use your future cruise deposits to book the 14 day cruise each of you will receive the 14 day OBC, $75 inside or $100 balcony/suite plus whatever is offered in any promo. You would require two FCD's each to book as two separate cruises.

Once on board, during the second leg, visit the Captain's Circle Rep. who will be able to adjust your records to give each of you credit for two cruises.

It use to be that way but they finally changed it to be automatic a while ago. (I would still check to make sure). It's much easier to have it corrected while aboard the ship. ;)