No Crown for 2017?

RetiredNTraveling

When they posted the 2015 and 2016 28-day cruises they listed them during the first 2 weeks in May 2014 & 2015. So, I am hopeful that they will do that again. So, I am still hopeful.

Sandra:)

Thanks for this, Sandra. I was wondering how long we would have to wait. The new cruises that I mentioned above were only new cruises to Japan which Princess has sent out in a special press release.

I won't worry yet!;)

When they posted the 2015 and 2016 28-day cruises they listed them during the first 2 weeks in May 2014 & 2015. So, I am hopeful that they will do that again. So, I am still hopeful.

Sandra:)

So I guess that we have to WAIT! cartoons-desi-glitters-89.gif

Is that what you are telling me???

Just Mike

So I guess that we have to WAIT! cartoons-desi-glitters-89.gif

Is that what you are telling me???

Just Mike

YES, that is part of the "Hurry up and Wait" process. Instead of officially coming out and telling their prospective customers it will or will not happen they just float around a bunch of rumors. Certainly they can see that the cruise is very popular just by the numbers of people booked each year.

Sorry Mike, I think we all have to wait until May. If they do not go again in 2017, I wonder when they plan on announcing it? Or, will they just ignore telling anyone that they are not doing it again????

Sandra:):confused:

Edited by sunsetsjh
edit

YES, that is part of the "Hurry up and Wait" process. Instead of officially coming out and telling their prospective customers it will or will not happen they just float around a bunch of rumors. Certainly they can see that the cruise is very popular just by the numbers of people booked each year.

Sorry Mike, I think we all have to wait until May. If they do not go again in 2017, I wonder when they plan on announcing it? Or, will they just ignore telling anyone that they are not doing it again????

Sandra:):confused:

I would not be surprised if there was no "official" announcement if this cruise goes away. I think we would learn of it by checking ships and determining that none were doing this route.

I just hope Princess doesn't drop this round trip from L.A itinerary or replace it with just one way trips to or from Australia. We did this itinerary on the Sapphire in 2012 and would like to do it again in 2017 or 2018.

That itinerary is on my bucket list after I retire (either 2017 or 2018). I sure it's still available.....:):):)

Bob

I would not be surprised if there was no "official" announcement if this cruise goes away. I think we would learn of it by checking ships and determining that none were doing this route.

I agree with you.

Sandra:(

Greeting Bob! Glad to see you are lurking around and that you found this little group! Obviously the posters on this forum are looking forward to an Oct 2017 Edition. You might as well come on board with this Motley Crew if it is offered. It would give us a chance to meet since I have followed your cruise reviews and your Flickr site!

Oh by the way, the expensive Up-sell fairy came by and we got dusted with fairy dust on our April 29, Hawaii cruise.

Just Mike

If there is a 28 day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in October of 2017, it won't be on the Crown Princess. I just did a cruise search on the Princess web site using the criteria: Ship = Crown Princess and Month/Yr = Oct 2017. During that month the Crown will be doing 3 Canada/New England cruises.

I did the same search using the Emerald Princess and there is nothing scheduled for her past September 2017

If there is a 28 day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in October of 2017, it won't be on the Crown Princess. I just did a cruise search on the Princess web site using the criteria: Ship = Crown Princess and Month/Yr = Oct 2017. During that month the Crown will be doing 3 Canada/New England cruises.

I did the same search using the Emerald Princess and there is nothing scheduled for her past September 2017

Did you try the Ruby?

The Crown will be leaving us, going to the Caribbean and Europe in 2017.

Did you try the Ruby?

The Crown will be leaving us, going to the Caribbean and Europe in 2017.

I did a cruise search for a 16-day or longer cruise during October 2017. The result showed only the Diamond and Royal Princess doing such a long cruise. Neither ship was going to be on the west coast of the USA or Canada.

So-----the cruise we all want has not yet been scheduled. I hope it will be in April rather than May as I will be on a cruise during early May and might night learn of it as easily as I would at home. Also, being able to book such a cruise in April would do a lot to ease the foul mood caused by preparing my tax forms.

I think there is a good economic reason why Princess has done this cruise in October. With the cruise being so long, only those who are retired would have enough time to do it. So if Princess does this 28-day cruise in October, then the ship can be free to do shorter cruises when younger people still working, students, and children are much more apt to take a cruise when school is either on summer vacation, spring break/Easter holidays, and the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays.

We too check PCL out daily. There hasn'tbeen a clue yet. As I recall it was just like this 2 years ago. Lots of speculation but nothing to hang your hat on.

Then Terri jumped in there and started our RC. The next thing we knew, PCL openedup the Cruise.

Keep the faith!

Just Mike

I am just off the Royal this week. My friends and I want to do this cruise in 2018. I talked to the future cruise consultant and he told me that this cruise is very popular and he thinks Princess will continue this sailing. He was waiting to hear the specifics for the 2017 cruise. There were folks on board the Royal who wanted to book it.

Let's hope he is right!!!!!:):D.

I am just off the Royal this week. My friends and I want to do this cruise in 2018. I talked to the future cruise consultant and he told me that this cruise is very popular and he thinks Princess will continue this sailing. He was waiting to hear the specifics for the 2017 cruise. There were folks on board the Royal who wanted to book it.

awesome-desi-glitters-4.gif

That is very promising news. Hope is all we have now. Let us see, it is now 51 days to May 15. Can we hold our breath that long?

Sandra :):confused::D

Thanks for the positive news.

For the 2016 cruise, I booked the air and hotel (Doubletree) last night.

Out of impatience and boredom, I looked at the fall of 2017 port schedules for Papeete, Honolulu, and Nawilliwilli. The only large Princess ship showing on the schedule for all 3 of those ports was the Emerald. That was encouraging until I looked at the dates. Either the schedules are wrong or the Emerald is the fastest ship to ever sail the seas. The schedules show the Emerald to be in Honolulu on October 22, 2017, in Papeete on October 26, 2017 and in Nawilliwilli on October 28, 2017.

Now if anyone from Princess is reading this, I would like to take this opportunity to suggest that you continue the 28-day Hawaii/Samoa/Tahiti cruise but only visit two of the Hawaiian ports on the way to the South Pacific and visit the other two on the way back to L.A. That would make those who think 8 sea days in a row are boring very happy. It would also be less tiring for the passengers who are active four days in a row while visiting all four Hawaiian islands.

That is my two cents worth of advice. Don't send a check----instead give me a credit on my next Princess cruise.

Out of impatience and boredom, I looked at the fall of 2017 port schedules for Papeete, Honolulu, and Nawilliwilli. The only large Princess ship showing on the schedule for all 3 of those ports was the Emerald. That was encouraging until I looked at the dates. Either the schedules are wrong or the Emerald is the fastest ship to ever sail the seas. The schedules show the Emerald to be in Honolulu on October 22, 2017, in Papeete on October 26, 2017 and in Nawilliwilli on October 28, 2017.

Now if anyone from Princess is reading this, I would like to take this opportunity to suggest that you continue the 28-day Hawaii/Samoa/Tahiti cruise but only visit two of the Hawaiian ports on the way to the South Pacific and visit the other two on the way back to L.A. That would make those who think 8 sea days in a row are boring very happy. It would also be less tiring for the passengers who are active four days in a row while visiting all four Hawaiian islands.

That is my two cents worth of advice. Don't send a check----instead give me a credit on my next Princess cruise.

Sounds like you have a great concept with the splitting of Hawaii into before and after the South Seas. ;) :D

As for a having a really fast ship, well I kind of doubt it! So we are still left hanging around waiting for Princess to "Excrement or Get Off the Pot"! :o

Just Mike

Here is what I found today on the possibility of our dream coming true.

You might want to see

https://www.portsamerica.com/cruise/los-angeles-terminal.html

Emerald leaves LA on Oct 8, 2017 then next appearance of Emerald in LA is Nov 5, 2017 (28 days). Emerald leaves Papeete Oct 26, 2017 (8 days to LA).

I don't want to celebrate too early but I think Princess will do it again in 2017 no matter how much gas is spent between Papeete and LA Harbor.

Sandra:):D

You might want to see

Emerald leaves LA on Oct 8, 2017 then next appearance of Emerald in LA is Nov 5, 2017 (28 days). Emerald leaves Papeete Oct 26, 2017 (8 days to LA).

I don't want to celebrate too early but I think Princess will do it again in 2017 no matter how much gas is spent between Papeete and LA Harbor.

This sure puts a smile on my face!!!!:D:):D:)

You might want to see

Very encouraging news..

Great reporting:D:D:D

I am currently booked on this years version but have been following this thread because I don't know if I will be able to go this year. I just checked a few schedules and found the Emerald Princess Oct 8- Nov 5 (those two dates as mentioned previously will be in LA). I found Oct 13 in Hilo and Oct 22 in Honolulu. I could not find Nawilliwilli as nothing listed for Oct 2017. Nor could I find anything for Maui. I did find Papeete arriving Oct 26 and leaving at 1700 on the 27th. If Hilo is the 13 and Honolulu the 22 they may be doing a different order to the ports?

Edited by dickinson