Staggered check in for Port of Miami

FlaMommy75

From what I have read, I think if you are Platinum or have FTTF you can choose any time and still board first.

I am Diamond and I was wondering the same thing but if you do not pick a time the representatives will not let you in the embarkation area is that correct?

Gary

From what I have read, I think if you are Platinum or have FTTF you can choose any time and still board first.

Check in time and boarding time are two different things. Staggered check in times refers to the time you will be allowed into the terminal to go through the check in process. It does not have anything to do with the time that you will be allowed to actually board the ship. In Miami our last couple of Breeze cruises (in January of 2016) boarding actually started between 11:30am and 12:00pm for the Weddings, Diamond and Platinum guests followed by the FTTF guests. After that the various zones were called.

Now, you will not be allowed to enter the terminal to check in before your check in time. You will have to stay outside (hopefully not blocking the entry way) for other people who have arrived at the right time.

I have a cruise booked in Feb, 2017. I noticed on my cruise docs it says check in time 2.30-3.00. That seems like a really late check in time for a cruise a year away. Its on the Vista. I didn't get to pick my time, it just gave it to me. I've never boarded that late before. Don't know what we will do until then.

The Vista is not listed as being able to choose check in time in Miami yet. Mine says boarding time 12:30 - 3:00. Where did you see your check in time?

boarding.JPG.19d01c2cbb6c8a04c16f21a5dcafba15.JPG

It amazes me that you can go on royal Allure or Oasis with over 6,000 people and yet it is so quick and smooth. Carnival has half that amount of people and it is a cluster ****.

Went in the freedom of the seas and it was a mess. People everywhere and no one directing anyone causing confusion. It was not fun.

It continues to fascinate how people can drop little inaccurate nuggets like "staggered boarding a fiasco in Miami" when it hasn't started there or check-in for a 2017 Vista cruise is listed as 2:30-3:00 when in fact it states boarding time is 12:30-3:00.

Do people still think that if they say it on the internet people will believe it to be true?

it was staggered boarding! Not just something read on Internet (cause we all know CCL ONLY posts the most accurate info regardless 8f it reflects poorly on them) I have nothing to prove just notifying others that there might be a mess at Miami due to this roll this out. Belive it, not believe it, doesn't matter to me but I know what was there. I am at the port dealing with this junk 5-10 times a month due to my work.. if your not priority or fttf, be prepared. I sail CCL also for vacation and shall continue to so I am not bashing, just passing along info... take it for what you will.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

it was staggered boarding! Not just something read on Internet (cause we all know CCL ONLY posts the most accurate info regardless 8f it reflects poorly on them) I have nothing to prove just notifying others that there might be a mess at Miami due to this roll this out. Belive it, not believe it, doesn't matter to me but I know what was there. I am at the port dealing with this junk 5-10 times a month due to my work.. if your not priority or fttf, be prepared. I sail CCL also for vacation and shall continue to so I am not bashing, just passing along info... take it for what you will.

Even if it did roll out early how does the picture prove that it's a mess or doesn't work? It is to help aliviate some of the crowds they never said it would mean you would never stand in line.

It continues to fascinate how people can drop little inaccurate nuggets like "staggered boarding a fiasco in Miami" when it hasn't started there or check-in for a 2017 Vista cruise is listed as 2:30-3:00 when in fact it states boarding time is 12:30-3:00.

Do people still think that if they say it on the internet people will believe it to be true?

You are totally right. I looked at my booking summary last night for our Vista cruise next year and it indeed says boarding is from 12:30-3:00 pm. Picking a check in time this far out, has not occurred yet. I am 200% that at some point, the Vista will be utilizing this system. The information is erroneous and based off the old way.

The picture that has been posted can't possibly depict how the new system is working when the passengers didn't get to participate in the pre-steps first. I don't know what they were doing or what drove the line but it was not the full roll out of the new check in process.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Like, like, like. :):):)

If Carnival says it doesn't start until next week how could this have been any sort of test? No one would have had a chance to select their times. No one would have any advanced notice.

Hey I don't like the idea of staggered check in. I think it's a cop out for not having the proper resources on hand to process guests. But it makes no sense that this was the implementation of a new policy and NO ONE was told first. [emoji33]

If Carnival says it doesn't start until next week how could this have been any sort of test? No one would have had a chance to select their times. No one would have any advanced notice.

Hey I don't like the idea of staggered check in. I think it's a cop out for not having the proper resources on hand to process guests. But it makes no sense that this was the implementation of a new policy and NO ONE was told first. [emoji33]

Perfect answer and everything you said makes sense!!

Started staggered check in today in Miami.... Wow, what an improvement! :rolleyes:

Staggered checkin does not begin in Miami until March 4, 2016. To help avoid just what you are seeing in your picture.

Do not see that we have to select a time for the Vista cruise that we have booked in Miami next year yet.

Vista is not one of the ships listed that need you to choose a check in time yet. Maybe later this year?

Let's set the record straight.

This will roll out in Miami starting on March 4, 2016 for the following ships Senstation, Glory, Breeze, Fantasy, Splender.

As of today there is no rollout day for the Vista or the Conquest out of Port Everglades.

The picture taken on 2/27/16 depicts what happens when 2,000 passengers arrive at the terminal around the same time.

On that day Carnival was testing the new queuing configuration.

Carnival is trying to make the embarkation process more user frendily for both the passengers and the more then 200 employees working on any day.

The rest of the embarkation process remains unchanged.

Passengers will still complete there check in and be issuesd a boarding zone number prior to general boarding commencing. Diamond, Platimum, Milestone and suites will still be the first to board followed by FTF.

Hope this information helps.

This will roll out in Miami starting on March 4, 2016 for the following ships Senstation, Glory, Breeze, Fantasy, Splender.

The picture taken on 2/27/16 depicts what happens when 2,000 passengers arrive at the terminal around the same time.

On that day Carnival was testing the new queuing configuration.

Well that's a pretty awful test; to implement a new system without informing anyone ahead of time. Not sure what sort of data they possibly can get from this cluster. It seems to be the "test" begins march 4 when people are aware and assigned / selected times.

Well that's a pretty awful test; to implement a new system without informing anyone ahead of time. Not sure what sort of data they possibly can get from this cluster. It seems to be the "test" begins march 4 when people are aware and assigned / selected times.

I totally agree!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

The new system should be a vast improvement over the current system.

Everyone will now be required to have an individul boarding pass which all but requires you to compleated online checkin. This will save time in the queuing at id check not having to look up passengers on the manifes to enter the terminal and will save time not have to compleate the paperwork at the checki in counter.

Having a preset number of passengers entering the terminal at givin time will allow the passenger to be able to complete there emparkcation without having to wait on lines to enter the building then to proceed to another line to pick up there sign and sail cards and boarding zone number. The staggerd system will allow a more free flowing system and decrease the frustration passengers experience.

As stated Diamond, Platium, Milestone, suites and FTF are not affected by the new system.

Edited by dlomonte
As I stated prior the s