Booking question...

DragonflyCruiser

I've found a cruise I want to book and also the cabin in want. We will be cruising next week and I'm wondering if I book this now can I have it rebooked on board using a FCC that I will purchase? Or, do I just wait and take my chances that the cabin will still be available?

Thanks for your help!

If you purchase a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) onboard your cruise next week, it can only be applied to cruises that you have not yet booked. This means that you'd have to cancel your existing reservation and re-book. Doing this, you run the risk of losing your preferred cabin and/or any other promotional offer.

If you're willing to risk it, then I say go for it!!!

You cannot use a cruise certificate to apply retroactively. However, you could cancel the new cruise and rebook. if there's a cabin you really want, I would book now, however, you won't have the FCC benefits. If you're flexible, wait until you're onboard. It's up to you. What's more important? The cabin or the OBC and reduced deposit?

I've found a cruise I want to book and also the cabin in want. We will be cruising next week and I'm wondering if I book this now can I have it rebooked on board using a FCC that I will purchase? Or, do I just wait and take my chances that the cabin will still be available?

Thanks for your help!

If you are planning on cancelling a cruise to rebook, I would recommend you be sure the deposit is refundable. Princess sometimes does certain promotions to where they are not.

If you are planning on cancelling a cruise to rebook, I would recommend you be sure the deposit is refundable. Princess sometimes does certain promotions to where they are not.

Something I hadn't thought about. However, there is no promo on this cruise yet. But, thanks...I will check on the deposit!!!

I don't know if this would work but...

Doesn't Princess do 48 hour courtesy holds? Could you put your cabin on hold (over and over...) then, with the correct timing , it would still be on hold when you are on board? Talk to the on board future cruise person and then apply the FCC you will purchase?

Yes, once I typed it out it seems a lot of work!

Hoping that you cabin is not grabbed during the time it takes to cancel and re-book.

Also, hoping that the price does not go up or that a perk is not dropped.

Think positive.....

Guess its the chance one must take to use the FCC.

The chances are pretty small that if you cancel and immediately re-book, the cabin is going to disappear out of thousands of cabins on hundreds of sailing dates, especially if you pick an off-hour time to do it. It takes a few minutes for the cabin to come open again for online selection (website).

These aren't exactly Springsteen or Adele tickets that sell out in 5 minutes.

Edited by steelers36

I don't know if this would work but...

Doesn't Princess do 48 hour courtesy holds? Could you put your cabin on hold (over and over...) then, with the correct timing , it would still be on hold when you are on board? Talk to the on board future cruise person and then apply the FCC you will purchase?

Yes, once I typed it out it seems a lot of work!

Well, not a bad idea! Thanks!!!

The chances are pretty small that if you cancel and immediately re-book, the cabin is going to disappear out of thousands of cabins on hundreds of sailing dates, especially if you pick an off-hour time to do it. It takes a few minutes for the cabin to come open again for online selection (website).

These aren't exactly Springsteen or Adele tickets that sell out in 5 minutes.

;) I like your sense of humor! And, think you might be correct! I will give it a try. Thanks!