Haven question

Toya1228

If I wanted to have my parents (who will be 2 doors down) come to my suite during the sailaway, can I request for some snacks or something from the butler? If so how much does something like that cost? It is my first time in the Haven and it's my parents 1st cruise. Do I call the pre concierge line to set that up or wait till onboard? Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ok thanks. Sorry to ask so many questions but what kind of snacks to people ask for? I was thinking about some cheese and fruit, maybe some chips or veggie sticks for my kids (2 & 4). So I am guessing O.J. will be a charge also.

I asked our butler for some light snacks for our cabin crawl, and he brought a plate of sandwiches with fruit (other days it was chips with the sandwiches) and some nut/cracker snack mix, which was really good. One of the other suite passengers for the cabin crawl did the same thing, and their butler brought cheese and crackers, and also sandwiches.

Other times, he brought popcorn, cookies, chocolates and canapes

Hi...

You can order pretty much anything you want! You can have little sandwiches, cheese and crackers, sweets, candy (I've read on these boards of M &M's being delivered).

I prefer things like cheese/small sandwiches over sweets and the butler has always delivered what I preferred.

As noted, embarkation day is very busy for the butler, so it might not be a bad idea to put in the request for what you want with the pre-concierge which is accessible 60 or 90 days pre-cruise (PLEASE CC POSTERS CORRECT ME ON THIS IF I'M WRONG RE: TIMING). Any and all advance notice would help have your wishes granted!

Not sure about the orange juice having a charge. Sorry...

Have a great cruise!

Wow I didn't know I could order that stuff. Now I am excited. We haven't been on vacation since having the kids so this will be a real treat for us. One more question. If i wanted to have a little gathering at the end of the cruise (maybe the on the last night) just to reflect on the great trip and some great moments will the butler provide some snacks late night. Or is it best to just get some room service.

Wow I didn't know I could order that stuff. Now I am excited. We haven't been on vacation since having the kids so this will be a real treat for us. One more question. If i wanted to have a little gathering at the end of the cruise (maybe the on the last night) just to reflect on the great trip and some great moments will the butler provide some snacks late night. Or is it best to just get some room service.

If you are in a suite and you call room service it will get redirected to your butler or a night butler if needed.

You might want to set that up in advance and just have some snacks waiting for you in the room. They can put something perishable in the fridge. We have done that. We've had a couple of really great butlers who kept saying "we want to do things for you". That does not count the time we had a butler that got off in one of the ports and never got back on the ship. Ha ha.

You will have a nice fruit bowl waiting in your room, we always have.

Hi...

You can order pretty much anything you want! You can have little sandwiches, cheese and crackers, sweets, candy (I've read on these boards of M &M's being delivered).

I prefer things like cheese/small sandwiches over sweets and the butler has always delivered what I preferred.

As noted, embarkation day is very busy for the butler, so it might not be a bad idea to put in the request for what you want with the pre-concierge which is accessible 60 or 90 days pre-cruise (PLEASE CC POSTERS CORRECT ME ON THIS IF I'M WRONG RE: TIMING). Any and all advance notice would help have your wishes granted!

Not sure about the orange juice having a charge. Sorry...

Have a great cruise!

You usually get the pre-concierge letter around 50 days out. If you contact them right away they usually respond right away but say they will check with you closer to your cruise.

YMMV - our experience with this group is it is a waste of your time asking them for anything as it doesn't get done.

You usually get the pre-concierge letter around 50 days out. If you contact them right away they usually respond right away but say they will check with you closer to your cruise.

YMMV - our experience with this group is it is a waste of your time asking them for anything as it doesn't get done.

Totally agree. Our experience with pre-concierge service ended in lots of confirmations but no delivery! I don't even bother anymore.

Totally agree. Our experience with pre-concierge service ended in lots of confirmations but no delivery! I don't even bother anymore.

Yes, I should have clarified a bit. They were very professional and "noted" our requests. However, nothing that was "noted" was done. Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where they take the car rental reservation but but don't hold the car.

We've used a handy hint we read here a few years ago.

When we board, we have a *short* "Letter for Our Butler" printed out.

We briefly introduce ourselves, and mention any dietary restrictions, and then "what we like for snacks", and any other routines that would help the Butler and us.

Remember, on the first day, they have a lot to do, and usually everyone is new.

We've always had the Butler return, usually the next morning (busy first day!), with the letter in hand, to go over things.

Requests are typically "dark chocolate, but not regular candy" or "lots of fresh fruit", etc.

Our first NCL Butler... we thought he was great.... UNTIL we had the second NCL Butler, which is when we realized what a "great butler" really was. Amazing difference.

Bottom line, the good butlers observe what you are doing. They've noticed we gobble up all the fresh pineapple, but not so much the melon, etc.

And as time goes on, more and more pineapple arrives :) - sometimes so much that we need to request "a bit less, please".

And for any special requests, such as a snack when we return from an excursion, or an early morning (or a late one), we try to leave a note the evening before, so they can fit it all into their schedule.

We try not to spring sudden last minute requests on them, as much as possible.

We also make it clear if the Butler can "come in" if the "Do not disturb" sign is on withOUT ringing.

You may or may not feel comfortable with this.

(This is easier in a "real" suite with a separate bedroom.)

We let them know that if we *really* don't want them to enter, we'll just bolt the door.

But it's a great way to have breakfast "waiting" when we do get up, or a snack after a nap, etc.

It was a wonderful luxury, and we came to enjoy having a butler much more than we expected.

Obviously, for sailaway, you'd need to act more quickly.

I'd suggest a separate little note to hand the butler right away. They really have so much to do and remember that first afternoon/evening.

(The easier you make it for them, the better it will be for you - that's how we figure it works!)