The Official Unofficial Journey Drydock Thread !

Andy

Andy, I agree with Phil. Please just enjoy your vacation. The amount of time you're spending to keep us updated with the renovations is above and beyond. We all thank you very much. I'm betting there will be lots of pictures posted from other cruisers on the first few cruises.

We all feel very lucky to have you on our Azamara board. ;)

Garry

Ditto!

I wish to add my thanks, Host Andy, to the great job you've done here, and the time and effort you've taken to make it available to all of us! I have been trying to keep up with all the photos and comments, but may have missed some? In particular, is there a picture of the Club Continental Suites? We were just offered an upgrade/upsell from a balcony for our Feb cruise. Would love to see something other than the rendering. Thank you in advance if something is available for viewing!:-)

Hi Sparty,

I have not seen any photos of the Club Continent Suites yet... but I'm booked in one, so I will be sure to take photos. Hopefully, we'll get a glimpse within the next few days.

BTW, I do not know if we have one with a couch or chair, or, tub or shower, so it will be a surprise LOL. Heck, I'm just thrilled to be sailing, being with family, and the incredible Journey Officers & Crew. To me, they feel like family too.

Edited by Host Andy

I wish to add my thanks, Host Andy, to the great job you've done here, and the time and effort you've taken to make it available to all of us! I have been trying to keep up with all the photos and comments, but may have missed some? In particular, is there a picture of the Club Continental Suites? We were just offered an upgrade/upsell from a balcony for our Feb cruise. Would love to see something other than the rendering. Thank you in advance if something is available for viewing!:-)

Thank you for your kind comments Sparty. Please allow me to say this.... if you have a chance to upsell to an N1 or N2, do yourself a big favor, and GO FOR IT. The cabins are about 150% larger than a Veranda, and you receive complimentary Specialty Dining (amogst other amenities) - which is a huge plus.... at least, it is for us !

Hope this helps !

Andy,

Thanks for all you have done for us. Pushing the limits, I have a request/suggestion. If you have the capability of contacting Heike or Captain Johannes, could you ask them for pictures of the completed spa suites and both versions of the Club Continent Suites?

Those have been the subject of a LOT of conversation and angst on Cruise Critic. I have to admit to some level of concern myself as we have 45 consecutive days on Quest in August and 31 on Journey next year. The combination of one large chair and one "straight, office-like" chair is a little off-putting as it doesn't really look like two truly comfortable seats for long periods.

Hi Bob,

As mentioned in an earlier post, I'm booked in a Club Continent Suite. Not sure if I have one with a couch or chairs. If we have the chairs, I will be happy to post my observations. It's now on my To-Do list. Please stay tuned !

Edited by Host Andy

Thanks, Host Andy. Your comments are appreciated!

We 'went for it'! Upgraded to N1:-) We're excited!! Nice to know how much larger they are too. Do you know if we're guaranteed a certain number of Specialty dining sittings, or is it only first-come-first-served, and we'll need to reserve before we board??

The last time we sailed with Azamara was a few years ago, and now we have 2cruises booked in one year. I love the comments about the service and staff and family feeling! That is how I remember them from years ago!

Like others have said, PLEASE enjoy your own cruise formost! If and when you want to report on the "new" Journey, we'll be excited to absorb the comments and any photos:D Connie

s!

Hi Sparty,

I have not seen any photos of the Club Continent Suites yet... but I'm booked in one, so I will be sure to take photos.

BTW, ... couch or chair, or, tub or shower, so it will be a surprise LOL. Heck, I'm just thrilled to be sailing, being with family, and the incredible Journey Officers & Crew. To me, they feel like family too.

Thank you for your kind comments Sparty. Please allow me to say this.... if you have a chance to upsell to an N1 or N2, do yourself a big favor, and GO FOR IT. The cabins are about 150% larger than a Veranda, and you receive complimentary Specialty Dining (amogst other amenities) QUOTE]

Thanks, Host Andy. Your comments are appreciated!

We 'went for it'! Upgraded to N1:-) We're excited!! Nice to know how much larger they are too. Do you know if we're guaranteed a certain number of Specialty dining sittings, or is it only first-come-first-served, and we'll need to reserve before we board??

The last time we sailed with Azamara was a few years ago, and now we have 2cruises booked in one year. I love the comments about the service and staff and family feeling! That is how I remember them from years ago!

Like others have said, PLEASE enjoy your own cruise formost! If and when you want to report on the "new" Journey, we'll be excited to absorb the comments and any photos:D Connie

s!

Thank you for your kind comments Sparty. Please allow me to say this.... if you have a chance to upsell to an N1 or N2, do yourself a big favor, and GO FOR IT. The cabins are about 150% larger than a Veranda, and you receive complimentary Specialty Dining (amogst other amenities) QUOTE]

Hi Connie,

I have not sailed on Journey in nearly 4 years. However, as best as I recall, you can dine in Specialty every night if you choose, but I highly recommend making your reservations as soon as possible, when boarding the ship. I also recall a table being set up, right where you board, so that might be an option as well. I'm not sure if that table is set up at every port though.

I'm so glad you went for the N1. Believe me, you will be glad you did. Have a wonderful time !

Thanks for all the photos especially the engine room and all the mechanical pics of other parts of the refurb...having been an oiler in the merchant marines in a previous life, I enjoy seeing the photos of what makes a ship tick!:cool:

Thanks Andy and all other contributors- these photos are just brilliant. Looking forward to trying Azamara next year from Scotland to the Baltic, after past (and coming) RC and X cruises- and these pictures are fantastic. Looks like Journey (and Quest) will be amazing after the dry docks. Counting down the days!!

The efforts of those on this post are truly appreciated. Cheers! Calum