Dynamic Dining ???

swinny123

Myself and my husband are booked on a cruise in April on Ovation of the Seas and have been informed that the late sitting for dinner is full so we have been put for Dynamic Dining and to go online to book. How does DD work as we have only done traditional late sitting before. I have tried going online to have a look at booking, but it says it's unavailable.... Is this because it's too early? We sail on 17th April from Southampton.

Hope someone can help

Many Thanks

Tracy :-))

Myself and my husband are booked on a cruise in April on Ovation of the Seas and have been informed that the late sitting for dinner is full so we have been put for Dynamic Dining and to go online to book. How does DD work as we have only done traditional late sitting before. I have tried going online to have a look at booking, but it says it's unavailable.... Is this because it's too early? We sail on 17th April from Southampton.

Hope someone can help

Yes, too early. Just keep checking the site, not just for reservations opening up but also to see if DD Classic becomes available. Also, this is one of the first sailings so there might be issues related to that.

Edited by Biker19

There are many complaints about the lines at MTD. The "solution" is to make reservations for My Time Dining-- isn't that silly? From the days of the old trans Atlantic cruise liners, meals were at specific times for first class and second class. Everything about the dinner process and ship design is based on traditional dining. Guests know which table to sit at. Waiters get into a rhythm. They know your likes and needs. The food is prepared to come out at specific times. Ship schedules and shows are planned around traditional dining. Funny that MTD has shorter lines around 6pm and around 8pm-- the normal dining times. We will be on Oasis in a week and other than a specialty restaurant or two we will enjoy early seating traditional.

....and Quantum class, including the Ovation which the OP is talking about, is none of those things. And guess what, some people like it that way.

Hope someone can help

Many Thanks

Have a look at the menus for all the restaurants(Grande, Chic, Silk, American Icon)-if there are a couple you guys would prefer more often because of the food selection than you will be able to eat there more often, they all will have some of the traditional favourites but Royal has worked hard on Quantum class to differentiate the restaurants also not sure what will in place of Devinly Decadence on Ovation since it is no longer on Anthem.

^^^^ My recommendation would be to make a reservation at each of the venues online before you board. That would take care of the first 4 nights and then repeat one (make the reservation on board or just show up) of them based on what you like.

How did you find it?? I shall go with an open mind, just wondered whether to expect lots of waiting...

The waiting will depend on how many passengers are on board. Hopefully, like our sailing, they will limit the guests so they can get things sorted. We liked Quantum, despite the chorus of boos heard here about that sailing.

How did you find it?? I shall go with an open mind, just wondered whether to expect lots of waiting...

I have done DD on both Quantum and Anthem. I love it.

Just think of 4 unique dining rooms, all with separate menus. Go to the one where you like the menu. Instead of being corralled into one dining room where everyone eats the same thing. Can you tell I'm a fan of DD!?

It is like MTD on steroids. Make a reservation if you want, or just go to eat when you are hungry. I never experienced any queues (and I was also on the infamous Quantum TA)

I never experienced any queues (and I was also on the infamous Quantum TA)

To be fair to the OP and others, there's some context to that - the ship was no where near full, intentionally. While we didn't experience any either, there was somewhat of a back up at Grande around 8 most nights (seemed to be the popular venue).

I shall just keep looking on the cruise planner and wait for the bookings to open. Think I will do what you suggested Biker19 and book all 4 before we go then decide on the 5th when on board. First maiden voyage for us so a bit excited!!!

I shall just keep looking on the cruise planner and wait for the bookings to open. Think I will do what you suggested Biker19 and book all 4 before we go then decide on the 5th when on board. First maiden voyage for us so a bit excited!!!

While you are checking dining, check for activities as well - like North Star and Ripcord - you want to book those with such a short sailing - those will be tough to get once on board.

Have a look at the menus for all the restaurants(Grande, Chic, Silk, American Icon)-if there are a couple you guys would prefer more often because of the food selection than you will be able to eat there more often, they all will have some of the traditional favourites but Royal has worked hard on Quantum class to differentiate the restaurants also not sure what will in place of Devinly Decadence on Ovation since it is no longer on Anthem.

I believe the Devinly Decadence space on Anthem has been rebranded as Solarium Bistro, in line with the venue on the Oasis class ships, so that would be my guess for what it'll be on Ovation as well

While you are checking dining, check for activities as well - like North Star and Ripcord - you want to book those with such a short sailing - those will be tough to get once on board.

When does booking usually open....we cruise in just under 14 weeks.....sounds like I need to be on the ball for when it opens!!!!

Hope someone can help

Many Thanks

Is this April of this year, if so, reservations for the DD restaurants should be open for booking on-line. When we sailed on the Q this past Feb. dining reserves was 6 mos. prior to and entertainment was 90 days prior to cruise. If you have any problems booking on line, my recom. is to contact RCL dining by e-mailing them at "rcldining@rcl.com or call "cruise planner dept." 800 398-9819.

When does booking usually open....we cruise in just under 14 weeks.....sounds like I need to be on the ball for when it opens!!!!

You'll have to keep checking - different venues open at different times. Many of the general guidelines could be out the window with this sailing.