FLL HOTEL for FEB. BEACH OR NO BEACH?

tamtot

We are coming down one day early for our late February cruise. We are total beach people, and we know the weather could go either way.

I have Hilton Honors points so we can stay at virtually any FLL Hilton/Hampton/Doubletree property. Any favorites you could recommend?

Would you do beachfront or no? I am not sure our backup plan if the weather isn't sitting-on-the-beach-pretty; but I think we're interested in the water taxi tour of the area? Any other ideas?

Thanks so much!

Edited by tamtot

I would book the Doubletree Gallery One.

If it isn't beach weather, they have a 'beach' on the intracoastal which will be warmer than the ocean. They also have a really cool pool, are within walking distance to the beach, lots of restaurants and shopping, and are a water taxi stop.

If you want to be on the beach, without a doubt the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach. Has one of my favorites, S3! http://www.S3restaurant.com

We are coming down one day early for our late February cruise. We are total beach people, and we know the weather could go either way.

I have Hilton Honors points so we can stay at virtually any FLL Hilton/Hampton/Doubletree property. Any favorites you could recommend?

Would you do beachfront or no? I am not sure our backup plan if the weather isn't sitting-on-the-beach-pretty; but I think we're interested in the water taxi tour of the area? Any other ideas?

Thanks so much!

We are staying at the Fort Lauderdale Hilton Marina. Did last year too. Great spot to walk to restaurants and the water taxi spot is right on their property plus the port is right there Nice hotel

Thanks so much!

Two of the Hiltons have easy beach access (Fort Lauderdale Beach and Bahia Mar), another is a few blocks away (Gallery One) and the last one (Marina) is about a mile from the beach. Should the weather not cooperate for sitting on the beach, all 4 hotels are on the sun trolley (http://www.suntrolley.com) route for cheap transportation and at/close to water taxi stops.

If you have points these are the ones I would consider them in this order:

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach - right across the street from the beach; lots of nearby restaurants; great people watching; walking distance to the water taxi (http://www.watertaxi.com)

DoubleTree Gallery One - on the intra-coastal with a water taxi stop; couple of blocks to the beach; all suite hotel; next to a nice mall with lots of restaurants

DoubleTree Bahia Mar - on the intra-coastal with a pedestrian bridge over A1A to the beach; walking distance to restaurants; nearby water taxi stop

Hilton Marina - on the intra-coastal; south facing tower rooms face Port Everglades; water taxi stop next door

Thanks so much!

Hilton Diplomat (formally Westin Diplomat) :)