POM Carnival check in at airport

splintz

i have cruised out of the POM but have always flown into Ft Lauderdale airport. on my upcoming glory cruise i will be flying into Miami airport the morning of the cruise. i also have FTTF. my question is this:

-should i check in at the airport and receive my room key then go to the airport and go to the line for the Miami airport check in.

-or is it better and faster to just go to the POM and go through the priority security line and check in line. i have done this before and it went pretty smooth and quick.

We are flying in to Miami the morning of our cruise and plan to use the airport check in also. There have been good reports and some not so good. The best way to find out is to try it yourself. We are platinum, and from what Ive read is when you get to the terminal you just proceed to boarding the ship. Have not read anything on how FTTF works.

looking at my boarding pass it sounds like you check in at the airport get your room key and a stamp on your boarding pass. then when you get to the pier it states you are directed to a special line to expedite the process. i'm guessing that it is a separate line to go through security then they take you to the ship. what i'm wondering is how many people actually use the airport check in. and how long the line at the airport and pier are for that check in. last time i cruised out of miami i had FTTF and it was really fast there was hardly anyone in the priority line for security. then straight upstairs where you went right to the front of the line to check in then right on the ship. i guess i will see what the line looks like at the airport for the check in and then decide from there.

If you have FTTF you will be able to utilize the priority line at the airport check-in. You will receive your sail and sign card there. From there, you are a 15-20 minute cab ride to the port, where there will be an "airport check in" line. Once through the scanners you can proceed directly onto the ship if boarding has begun... Or, if not, then you will board directly after weddings/ platinum/ diamond...

If you have FTTF you will be able to utilize the priority line at the airport check-in. You will receive your sail and sign card there. From there, you are a 15-20 minute cab ride to the port, where there will be an "airport check in" line. Once through the scanners you can proceed directly onto the ship if boarding has begun... Or, if not, then you will board directly after weddings/ platinum/ diamond...

thanks i didn't know they also had a priority line at the airport.

• 6 months later...

The check in desk does not handle luggage, still must give it to the porters at the cruise terminal. We used this procedure this past January and it went smoothly. Arrived at the airport desk, on the priority line at 9 a m, checked in by 9:15am. At the port we went through a 5 minute line, for what I dont remember, and were sitting in the lounge 5 minutes later.

The check in desk does not handle luggage, still must give it to the porters at the cruise terminal. We used this procedure this past January and it went smoothly. Arrived at the airport desk, on the priority line at 9 a m, checked in by 9:15am. At the port we went through a 5 minute line, for what I dont remember, and were sitting in the lounge 5 minutes later.

Ok, thanks. What is this lounge, is it only for priority check-in? I'm only Gold so I don't get that yet.