Is there an app for that?

With the vast number of cruisers who are toting their smart phones with them all over the ship, it seems like it's time for RCI to offer an app in lieu of the printed Daily Compass. I'd love to be able to edit the list of activities to distill it down to the ones I'm interested in and have it as an easy reference throughout the day by simply glancing at my phone.

With the vast number of cruisers who are toting their smart phones with them all over the ship, it seems like it's time for RCI to offer an app in lieu of the printed Daily Compass. I'd love to be able to edit the list of activities to distill it down to the ones I'm interested in and have it as an easy reference throughout the day by simply glancing at my phone.

What a great idea, and look at all the paper they would save. If that dream becomes real, let's just hope it works better than their web site.;):eek:

They actually do have an App but sadly it is only available on the newer quantum ships. Was really hoping they would roll it out to he Allure before March but it doesn't look like it so far. Funny that most he negative reviews are those trying to use it on he other ships and it won't work :)

OK, let's face facts here! The one near universal is that RCI is not an IT company and apparently doesn't know one!

So, if they had an app, it would have daily updates, through the App Store, requiring a data plan per device just for the updates, even though they might let you connect for free to the app!

They WOULD screw it up...

I usually highlight the Cruise Compass the night before so I can easily see what I want to do and then take a picture with my phone so I have the activity schedule with me all day. You have to zoom in and scroll around sometimes, but it's better than carrying an extra piece of paper around!

I would hate to see them do away with the printed Cruise Compass. I am not one who is attached at the hip to my phone. In fact, the first thing I do is lock my phone in the safe and never look at it until the night before we leave the ship.

I usually highlight the Cruise Compass the night before so I can easily see what I want to do and then take a picture with my phone so I have the activity schedule with me all day. You have to zoom in and scroll around sometimes, but it's better than carrying an extra piece of paper around!

Really? I find a small piece of paper is lighter, faster and easier to read than a phone.

(Of course, my smartphone is in my pocket or on my belt every day on land, but shut down and in the safe on a cruise.)

Edited by UpcountryTravelers

I don't have a smart phone. I have an Ipod Touch that does everything except make phone calls. But it needs WifI, and I don't want to pay for that either. The dumb phone works fine to make calls if necessary.

So I would like to keep the paper Compass. I could do without all the ads and fliers. :)

I would hate to see them do away with the printed Cruise Compass. I am not one who is attached at the hip to my phone. In fact, the first thing I do is lock my phone in the safe and never look at it until the night before we leave the ship.

+1 :cool: