Looking for help - BTB Ft lauderdale - Cape Canaverial Cruises

Deepblueseas37

We are taking Back to back cruises. The first cruise docks in Ft Lauderdale on Feb 4th at 7AM - Independence of the Seas. The second Cruise leaves Port Canaveral at 5P on the 4th - Carnival Splendor. It will be a complete rush but really feel we can do it. Does anyone have any tips on ways to cut off time, things to do to expedite, etc. Anything will be appreciated! Thanks

Since it is a three hour drive to Port Canaveral, I would do self assist and take a taxi to the place I have rented a car to drive there. Check out closest place to drop off car and if they have a shuttle to the port. I realize you have plenty of time before 5, but I like to get on the ship in time for lunch. ha Very doable even if you have customs problems debarking. I know we didn't get to our car in Galveston to drive home until noon in December. We didn't do self assist. I don't want to mess with the luggage getting off of the ship. We are doing a B2B in March on the same ship and in the same room. Can't wait.

Since it is a three hour drive to Port Canaveral, I would do self assist and take a taxi to the place I have rented a car to drive there. Check out closest place to drop off car and if they have a shuttle to the port. I realize you have plenty of time before 5, but I like to get on the ship in time for lunch. ha Very doable even if you have customs problems debarking. I know we didn't get to our car in Galveston to drive home until noon in December. We didn't do self assist. I don't want to mess with the luggage getting off of the ship. We are doing a B2B in March on the same ship and in the same room. Can't wait.

Appreciate your response!

We are suppose to actually be onboard by 3:00 (will they let us on later if necessary?) We will have parked our car at the Rodeway Inn close to the airport. We are going to take a taxi from the port to the car. We are then parking the car at a park and shuttle service at Port Canaveral. Don't remember the name right now.

I was pretty confident we would make it alright, but just had my knee almost go out of joint, I pulled muscles, and now I am not up to a foot race. Know it won't heal completely in 2 1/2 weeks. Starting to worry.

Do I need to do anything special to do self assist? Thanks!

To do self assist you need to keep all of your luggage with you and be able to get it off the ship by yourself with no assistance. Self-assist will be the first people off the ship so plan to line up very early,

Even if the ship arrives at 7pm it is very possible it may take another 30-60 min to clear the ship and release passengers so you may not be off until 8 or after.

If it were me I would park at the port in FLL so I could be on the road ASAP. I do sincerely hope it all works out for you.

This would be way too mich stress for me....LOL!!

If it were me I would park at the port in FLL so I could be on the road ASAP. I do sincerely hope it all works out for you.

This would be way too mich stress for me....LOL!!

Thought about it, but we think it would be faster to wheel luggage out, hop in cab instead of contending with parking garage. We think a cab can get us out of the port faster since we have never parked there before. Familiar with the hotel parking lot and how to get out quick.

Appreciate the tip about being in line early and yes, I will be stressed too!

But very excited!

The second Cruise leaves Port Canaveral at 5P on the 4th - Carnival Splendor.

We are suppose to actually be onboard by 3:00 (will they let us on later if necessary?)

The usual check-in time is 90 minutes prior to departure, but 3:00 is even better if you can do it. You should check with Carnival to see what the timeline is, but as I said, it is usually 90 minutes.

Enjoy your side to side cruises (S2S). :)

The usual check-in time is 90 minutes prior to departure, but 3:00 is even better if you can do it. You should check with Carnival to see what the timeline is, but as I said, it is usually 90 minutes.

Enjoy your side to side cruises (S2S). :)

Boy am I glad I checked the time again!!! Ship is leaving at 4 not 5! But I called and it is 60 minutes before for the check in. So actually, its about what I thought. My goal is 1P, but not sure if that is realistic. Thanks a bunch!

Boy am I glad I checked the time again!!! Ship is leaving at 4 not 5! But I called and it is 60 minutes before for the check in. So actually, its about what I thought. My goal is 1P, but not sure if that is realistic. Thanks a bunch!

I was about to say that recent watching says ships are all gone from here by 5 . . .

When they say be on by 3 they MEAN 3. Once the doors close THAT'S IT (you must be in the terminal). This is an ICE rule, not the cruiseline or the port ... FEDERAL.

You should have PLENTY of time. If I'm reading right, you are driving your own car so no worries about how long to get a rental. Your drive is a hair less than 200 miles, straight up 95, and I presume by this time you'll be familiar with 95 in Florida having driven south to get to Lauderdale . . . speeds will be 75+ . . . but be warned the Staties DO ticket on 95 on occasion! Drive time 3 hours estimated.

If you are in your car and moving by 10, you should be at the parking place by 1 ... two hours to spare. If something goes wrong and the time gets tight ... drive straight to the port and park there. There is plenty of parking and spending a few extra dollars for parking is not worth risking the entire cruise.

If you tell me which parking place you plan to use I can tell you what the risk is .... there are two good ones and several losers here . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

I was about to say that recent watching says ships are all gone from here by 5 . . .

When they say be on by 3 they MEAN 3. Once the doors close THAT'S IT (you must be in the terminal). This is an ICE rule, not the cruiseline or the port ... FEDERAL.

You should have PLENTY of time. If I'm reading right, you are driving your own car so no worries about how long to get a rental. Your drive is a hair less than 200 miles, straight up 95, and I presume by this time you'll be familiar with 95 in Florida having driven south to get to Lauderdale . . . speeds will be 75+ . . . but be warned the Staties DO ticket on 95 on occasion! Drive time 3 hours estimated.

If you are in your car and moving by 10, you should be at the parking place by 1 ... two hours to spare. If something goes wrong and the time gets tight ... drive straight to the port and park there. There is plenty of parking and spending a few extra dollars for parking is not worth risking the entire cruise.

If you tell me which parking place you plan to use I can tell you what the risk is .... there are two good ones and several losers here . .

Park Port Canaveral by Radisson on Astronanut Blvd. appreciate the help!

Have a great time! Interested to hear your reviews on each ship, if you feel up to it.

Park Port Canaveral by Radisson on Astronanut Blvd

this is a good one but be aware that this place sublets their busses to many other places

SOMETIMES they get overwhelmed

most of the time, the time crunch is for the ME FIRST crowd

so it should not impact you

Have a great time! Interested to hear your reviews on each ship, if you feel up to it.

Will try to. The 1st cruise we are going on Indepence of Seas through Abraham Productions. It is a gospel cruise. They have reserved about 1/4 of the ship so it won't be the usual cruise experience. Never done one before. My husband is very musical so this is a treat for him. Then the 2nd will be more normal experince