Best price for Allure? First cruise EVER

desibaba

Hi Cruisers. This is my first time wanting to go on a cruise. I live in ft lauderdale and I think I want to go on the world's largest ship as my first experience. There are the prices I am finding on Cruise.com Would I be able to do better elsewhere????

Your Reservation Summary

Sun, Apr 17, 2016Depart:

Sun, Apr 24, 2016Return:

Royal Caribbean Int.Cruise Line:

Allure of the SeasShip:

7 Days Caribbean-WesternDescription:

Guests:

2 Adults

Departure Airport:

Cruise Only

Category:

Large Interior Stateroom N

Pricing:

(1) Cruise Fare$999.00

(1) Cruise Fare$499.00

(2) Government Fees$237.54

(2) ON BOARD CREDIT ($25.00)Free

*EST. TOTAL$1,735.54

I say always use a TA. On some of these sites there are at times smoke and mirrors, oh we forgot this add on, we forgot this was not included.....

I always say use a professional and let them provide the service. Build a relationship with one and they will forever take care of you.

I am not a TA but have a 25 year relationship with mine. Always does a great job!

We will be on Allure in two weeks for the second time, YOU WILL LOVE HER! :D

Welcome to CC. You need to do some more homework. That is not a very good price for an inside cabin. For that price, you can probably get a balcony cabin. Living in Ft Lauderdale, you should be able to take advantage of the Royal Caribbean weekly sales.

Check some of the agents that advertise on Cruise Critic.

I didnt even think travel agents existed anymore because of the internet. Its interesting that the prices on royal caribbean.com are higher than on cruise.com

Really, yet you are using one. Pricing is higher than your ta. Sounds like pushing a ta to me, you just ignored post 2. If it quacks like a duck:p

Really, yet you are using one. Pricing is higher than your ta. Sounds like pushing a ta to me, you just ignored post 2. If it quacks like a duck:p

How do I get TA price? Can you please private message me if you cant openly post about it. Thanks

How do I get TA price? Can you please private message me if you cant openly post about it. Thanks

It sounds like you need more help than just finding a TA. Do you know anyone who cruises that can help you? Are you looking for one that has an office in Ft Lauderdale? I might suggest you look in the phone book. :)

It sounds like you need more help than just finding a TA. Do you know anyone who cruises that can help you? Are you looking for one that has an office in Ft Lauderdale? I might suggest you look in the phone book. :)

I want to go on any 7 day trip on the Allure or the Oasis because they are the world's largest cruise ships. I dont know why the prices change every time I look at the sites. Right now the lowest is at royal caribbean's website but last night the other site was less expensive.

Cruise$1,950.00

Taxes & Fees$236.82

Buy 1 Get Half-$488.00

$50.00 Free Onboard Spending CreditFREE

Due Today:

$1,698.82

USD*

I want to go on any 7 day trip on the Allure or the Oasis because they are the world's largest cruise ships. I dont know why the prices change every time I look at the sites. Right now the lowest is at royal caribbean's website but last night the other site was less expensive.

Cruise$1,950.00

Taxes & Fees$236.82

Buy 1 Get Half-$488.00

$50.00 Free Onboard Spending CreditFREE

Due Today:

$1,698.82

USD*

I bet you could get a balcony on other ships for that price. Seems high for an inside closet.

Suggestion: With Royal forget about the "buy one get one half off" ..........etc and just look at the bottom line. It's all that matters no matter what "sale" of the week game they might be playing on the prices.

Edited by bouhunter

Suggestion: With Royal forget about the "buy one get one half off" ..........etc and just look at the bottom line. It's all that matters no matter what "sale" of the week game they might be playing on the prices.

It seems like going to a car dealership with the classic "Bait n Switch". Im trying to find the best "Out the door" price for two adults :D

TA are not allowed to charge less than the RCI website, but can give extra OBC. However, any changes to your reservation have to go through your TA, which can be a royal PITA. I book through the RCI website.

They can be priced less than Royal if they booked a large block of cabins at a group rate and then prices have risen since then. Very common to see sailings on TA's websites priced less than Royals.

It seems like going to a car dealership with the classic "Bait n Switch". Im trying to find the best "Out the door" price for two adults :D

Being a Florida resident I would expect you could come up with a much better price than what you mentioned for an interior. Maybe try and find a local travel agent that is reputable to guide you through the process and get you a good deal.

As has already been mentioned, ignore any "sales" that Royal Caribbean is offering and only pay attention to the total price. Unless you are looking to book a really popular week or time of year, I wouldn't probably pay much more than $1k for two people in interior as a Ft. Lauderdale native.

This is just a ballpark, because cruise pricing isn't fixed, it changes day to day as well as one week might be really low followed by a really expensive week.

Cruise critic is an awesome place to research cruises, but not very good for finding pricing or deals because we aren't allowed to share specific information (travel agents, websites etc.), nor do they allow for private messaging. This website is owned by a large online travel agency and is looking to protect their business.

Not likely. Any TA that tries to undercut RCI price structure will quickly end up persona non grata.

That's what I used to believe as well. But reality sides with Ourusualbeach.

Sometimes TA's buy up entire blocks of cabins at a discount and can advertise at a discount. Those cabins aren't available for sale on the Royal website.

You didn't feel like quoting my entire post where I explained how they could be priced lower than Royal in certain situations. Yes it does happen.

Why post your common fallacy that TA can buy a block and advertise lower prices. TA would like you to believe that, but contractually they can not. The discount they receive is their remuneration for bringing in a client, one who is probably not computer literate or a total novice to cruising. An affinity group can get a lower group price, but it will never be advertised. Sorry, but you are mis-informed about cruise pricing.

Why post your common fallacy that TA can buy a block and advertise lower prices. TA would like you to believe that, but contractually they can not. The discount they receive is their remuneration for bringing in a client, one who is probably not computer literate or a total novice to cruising. An affinity group can get a lower group price, but it will never be advertised. Sorry, but you are mis-informed about cruise pricing.

Ourusualbeach is correct. I have seen pricing lower through TA's than Royal; even TA's that Royal will suggest to you. Just search around and verify for yourself. You don't need to take either of our word for it.

Well I guess that myself and many others who have seen lower prices by TA's on some cruises will just have to disagree with you.

We got a great deal with a lot of on-ship credit $ and a specialty dining experience and beverage package as well as come ice cream and cupcakes and a spa treatment from our " large warehouse membership travel dept." Might have a look there. It was way better than booking direct for same category.

As a newbie I hope I don't get kicked off for saying that.