New to NCL, Dawn Questions

cruisingbandmom

First time on NCL and have never had so many specialty dining choices. I would love if someone could post recent menus. If I make a specialty dining room reservation and want to change it that day because the MDR menu is appealing, is there penalty? I read 24hr notice must be given for cancellation, is this true for a change of reservation as well. Please send me any great tips for NCL and the Dawn. Thanks in advance for ALL of your help.

We had the specialty dining package on our last cruise and never ate at in either of the main dining rooms. We have cruised the Dawn before and we have always been happy with the meals in the MDR's. Once I made a reservation, I would never look at the menus for that day. Too many choices, LOL!!

I promise you can spend your money at any venue on the Dawn!!

You are perfectly welcome to 'enjoy' the bar at Moderno regardless of dining, I just don't know why you would.

Don't expect too much from The Dawn - she's the Southwest of the Seas.

Thanks for that info. We have heard mixed reviews and hubby likes to eat on a cruise. He will miss his 24 hour pizza runs. I know that there is food available so hopefully it will be better and he won't even think of missing his pizza.

I believe that you can order Pizza from Room Service ($7.95 + the price on the

pizza) at just about any hour.

HOWEVER have you ever heard of Norwegians doing Pizza right ?

On the Costa Cruise Line maybe Yes ! But I just as soon leave the

Norwegians do their UFFDA Ole & Lena lutefisk and lefse ! ROFLOL !

Are you allowed to go into the bars and order a drink in the specialty (Moderno, Bamboo) dining rooms if you aren't having dinner there?

The Bar @ Bamboo is outside the eating area with a few stools so you can hang out if you want.

Dawn does not have a Moderno's yet .:(

The Bar @ Bamboo is outside the eating area with a few stools so you can hang out if you want.

Dawn does not have a Moderno's yet .:(

The Dawn has a Moderno's, I have eaten there on three cruises....Not sure about a bar, I never noticed....

The Dawn has a Moderno's, I have eaten there on three cruises....Not sure about a bar, I never noticed....

Sorry . :o She does not have the New Moderno's yet. Deck 13 there is a deck 8 bar between Moderno's and blue lagoon.

Edited by biker@sea

Sorry . :o She does not have the New Moderno's yet. Deck 13 there is a deck 8 bar between Moderno's and blue lagoon.

I am looking forward to the new Moderno's in October.

Are there seats at the bar between Moderno's and the Blue Lagoon? I don't remember seeing any.

Whew! The no Modernos on Dawn scared me.

I've never sailed NCL before but have been looking at the Dawn out of New Orleans. Moderno's is a big, "ohhhh wanna try that".

How does the free speciality dining package currently being offered work with the al carte restaurants or does it?

I've done six cruises with Carnival and one with RCI. Looking forward to seeing the similarities and differences.

TIA

I promise you can spend your money at any venue on the Dawn!!

You are perfectly welcome to 'enjoy' the bar at Moderno regardless of dining, I just don't know why you would.

Don't expect too much from The Dawn - she's the Southwest of the Seas.

Awwwww - now why would you say that.... we LOVE the Dawn and truth be told we LOVE Southwest - just sayin...

And yes Pathubia there are seats at the bah in between Blue Lagoon and Moderno - great spot to listen to Patty & Jose with a drink and good friends :)

However, heard that whole area will be replaced by the O'Sheehan's venue during the next dry dock. Moderno will move up to where the Star Bar is located now...

Awwwww - now why would you say that.... we LOVE the Dawn and truth be told we LOVE Southwest - just sayin...

And yes Pathubia there are seats at the bah in between Blue Lagoon and Moderno - great spot to listen to Patty & Jose with a drink and good friends :)

However, heard that whole area will be replaced by the O'Sheehan's venue during the next dry dock. Moderno will move up to where the Star Bar is located now...

No more Stah Bah!! Now where will the meet and greets be held? Looking forward to the addition of OSheehans, but will miss singing along with Jose and Patti while dining at Moderno

No more Stah Bah!! Now where will the meet and greets be held? Looking forward to the addition of OSheehans, but will miss singing along with Jose and Patti while dining at Moderno

The dry dock renovations to the DAWN will be a carbon copy of what was done

to the sister ship the STAR.

Moderno moves to deck 13 to the space adjacent port side forward of Cagney's and the mid section of what was the Star bar.

The Star bar becomes the Sugarcane Mojito bar.

In the space on deck 8 that was Moderno and the Blue Lagoon becomes O'Sheehans.

The Pearly Kings Bar deck 7 becomes 5 O'clock somewhere bar.

Refer to the Deck Plans for what happened to the STAR.

As for the Meets & Greets they may very be well held in the same vicinity/location

or as the size of the group dictates somewhere smaller (La Culcina - Ginza - Sushi) or larger (Spinnaker).

The dry dock renovations to the DAWN will be a carbon copy of what was done

to the sister ship the STAR.

Moderno moves to deck 13 to the space adjacent port side forward of Cagney's and the mid section of what was the Star bar.

The Star bar becomes the Sugarcane Mojito bar.

In the space on deck 8 that was Moderno and the Blue Lagoon becomes O'Sheehans.

The Pearly Kings Bar deck 7 becomes 5 O'clock somewhere bar.

Refer to the Deck Plans for what happened to the STAR.

As for the Meets & Greets they may very be well held in the same vicinity/location

or as the size of the group dictates somewhere smaller (La Culcina - Ginza - Sushi) or larger (Spinnaker).

Thank you!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

It looks like a few of you have been on the Dawn several times and just wanted to ask what you like most about it that you go on it over and over.

This is my 14th cruise half with RCCL and half with CCL and a little concerned with the Dawn after reading so much negative post.

We got a great deal on a Balcony cabin and we love New Orleans. The ports are great so I'm just going with the attitude that not to expect to much and as long as the ship and cabin are clean and MDR food ok then it will be worth it.

Thanks for any feedback!

Enjoy cruising everyone we LOVE IT!

Have a great weekend.

• 2 weeks later...