Vibe sells out on Escape before group 1 even boards?

bobg529

So I just boarded the Escape. Rushed to the port at 8:30 AM and was first at the door. Got group 1 and waited until 12:15 before we were allowed to board. Went directly to guest services and was told by the young lady directing traffic that the Vibe was already sold out. "There are only 80 passes and there were already 400 people on board. They sure as hell aren't platinum because there was NO priority boarding for platinum. There weren't that many special needs passengers. Did they sell them all to Haven? Is that all that counts anymore? This is my first platinum cruise and the way I feel at this minute, it may be my last. I am NOT a happy camper!

That certainly does not seem fair, I don't blame you for being upset. I would have too! The only thing I can think of is that the guests already on board for weddings ( those that are remaining on the ship for the cruise) got there first. If that's the case, not fair. I hope it wasn't all Haven people. I've been in the Haven and not in the Haven. I think the Vibe area should be reserved for non-Haven

guests. Just my opinion, of course. But to have both the Haven and Vibe seems a little unfair to those non haven guests also wanting some peace and quiet.

Sorry that you didn't got a pass, sucks!

But some comfort; on Escape with the water mist shower, the extra side hot tubs and the bar at the Vibe entrance you're on the same foot as Vibe! Not missing out on a cabana or something.

At least that was what I thought of Vibe on ES. Only selling point would be the number of guests allowed, wanted to write level of quietness but one loud guest could ruin that in a matter of seconds. ;)

You're on the best NCL ship, have a great cruise OP. :)

Yeah I guess you are right. The nice thing is I got into my cabin, aft balcony, deck 12, and the balcony is great! I have 2 lounge chairs all to myself and a bottle of gin in the room. Screw the vibe![emoji6]

Yeah I guess you are right. The nice thing is I got into my cabin, aft balcony, deck 12, and the balcony is great! I have 2 lounge chairs all to myself and a bottle of gin in the room. Screw the vibe![emoji6]

Enjoy your cruise!

My advice: the sliders at FoodRepublic and a drink from Bong at Sugarcane bar!

That's the spirit! Good for you. Enjoy the Escape!

Enjoy your cruise!

My advice: the sliders at FoodRepublic and a drink from Bong at Sugarcane bar!

Also the pumpkin / duck things at FR are delicious. As is the Coconut dessert and some of the FR house drinks can't be had anywhere else on board.

Stephen

Princess has a similar situation with their Sanctuary. Pre-sell was attempted people complained that early bookers got them all.

With such limited capacity, there's no system that really works well.

One thing they could do is not do ANY vibe sales until say 2 PM (with no pre-lineup? Lottery?) There would probably be riots tho (think iPhone sale day)

Why don't they pre-sell these anyway?

They pre-sell everything else.

Do both terminals board at the same time? Is it possible that even being first to board from your terminal, the other terminal was further along in the process? Just a thought...I really don't know.

I certainly hope we're able to get passes in a few weeks but I'm prepared that the odds are against us, even with early arrival at the pier.

Hubby and I are going on the 10/22/16 Escape sailing and we won't be part of the "competition" for space in Vibe. We were on the Getaway about a year ago and we were perfectly happy using the steerage class pool(just a joke) I remember reading a review from someone who paid for vibe and they said they ended up not using it that much because they enjoyed all the activity at the main pools and missed the people watching. Anyways there is so much to do on these ships you may not spend as much time at the pool as you would imagine.

I think they should let you buy Vibe/Posh passes when booking. When they sell out, they sell out.

Maybe make them non refundable so they are not purchased on a whim thinking they can always cancel.

It would encourage early booking, which any business would like.

As someone very kindly put it, I have moved on. However, I think that the fairest thing would be a lottery. They could open it up at the 90 day point and allow one entry per cabin with a limit of two requested spaces max. They could pull the winners 30 days prior to sailing. Everyone would have a fair shot, and bad feelings would be spared. It would also give the winner a chance to plan out their cruise a bit more. Just a suggestion. What say you?

So I just boarded the Escape. Rushed to the port at 8:30 AM and was first at the door. Got group 1 and waited until 12:15 before we were allowed to board. Went directly to guest services and was told by the young lady directing traffic that the Vibe was already sold out. "There are only 80 passes and there were already 400 people on board. They sure as hell aren't platinum because there was NO priority boarding for platinum. There weren't that many special needs passengers. Did they sell them all to Haven? Is that all that counts anymore? This is my first platinum cruise and the way I feel at this minute, it may be my last. I am NOT a happy camper!

Did you get to guest services or did you just take the word of the "the young lady directing" ????

We had the Vibe in Nov Escape and made friends with a Haven guest in the Vibe. He said that he wanted Vibe passes because the Haven is too quiet and to have a place to meet up with his non-haven friends.

I also think that a lottery or pre-sale would be a better idea than get there early and run.

I've been searching for a post, but can't find it. It's probably a year old, but a poster was complaining that they had purchased Vibe passes hoping it would be some kind of quiet, serene sanctuary. Instead, the entire week it was overrun by a large, loud, drunk group that blasted music and partied hard every day from open to close. I'm sure that's not the norm, but it shows that anything is possible, and it is not designated as a quiet spot.

That certainly does not seem fair, I don't blame you for being upset. I would have too! The only thing I can think of is that the guests already on board for weddings ( those that are remaining on the ship for the cruise) got there first. If that's the case, not fair. I hope it wasn't all Haven people. I've been in the Haven and not in the Haven. I think the Vibe area should be reserved for non-Haven

guests. Just my opinion, of course. But to have both the Haven and Vibe seems a little unfair to those non haven guests also wanting some peace and quiet.

As one of "THOSE HAVEN PEOPLE", I can tell you we have our own version of Vibe, the Courtyard Sundeck just forward of Vibe , and it comes included with our staterooms. Between that and the the actual HAVEN Courtyard itself, buying Vibe passes is a waste of money. ;)

Did you get to guest services or did you just take the word of the "the young lady directing" ????

I did both Becky. It didn't seem she was lying. She was too frank in her answer. But I got up early and rushed to the port so I wanted to be sure. They didn't tell me about any pre sales directly, but it was intimated. I was the second or third group 1 person to get to guest services anyway. It is what it is I guess. Just as an FYI, I have had posh or vibe three times. Once it was good, the other two times it practically made the cruise.

As one of "THOSE HAVEN PEOPLE", I can tell you we have our own version of Vibe, the Courtyard Sundeck just forward of Vibe , and it comes included with our staterooms. Between that and the the actual HAVEN Courtyard itself, buying Vibe passes is a waste of money. ;)

Please don't think I have anything against Haven passengers. I don't begrudge you a thing. I may be a bit envious of your accommodations, but you have paid for them fair and square and deserve to get what you pay for. My frustration is with the way it's handled by NCL, not with you or any Haven "person". If my comments came off as anything directed at you, I apologize.

I've been searching for a post, but can't find it. It's probably a year old, but a poster was complaining that they had purchased Vibe passes hoping it would be some kind of quiet, serene sanctuary. Instead, the entire week it was overrun by a large, loud, drunk group that blasted music and partied hard every day from open to close. I'm sure that's not the norm, but it shows that anything is possible, and it is not designated as a quiet spot.

I remember that one.

I also remember one where it was somehow overrun by teens-not-yet-18.

We are still debating whether to try to buy.

Sounds like a great spot--if it's done right.

As someone very kindly put it, I have moved on. However, I think that the fairest thing would be a lottery. They could open it up at the 90 day point and allow one entry per cabin with a limit of two requested spaces max. They could pull the winners 30 days prior to sailing. Everyone would have a fair shot, and bad feelings would be spared. It would also give the winner a chance to plan out their cruise a bit more. Just a suggestion. What say you?

Interesting idea, but it would be a nightmare to coordinate. Highly impractical from the back office point of view.

I like the lottery idea too.

The other thing they need to do is limit the number of passes you can buy. I remember reading a post where one person got in line and bought them for their group even though the rest aren't on the ship yet. If NCL is going to make it first come first serve, then you should have to be there in person to buy it.

Edited by hansolosmom