Upgraded beverages

kittyluvrnurse

And yes, soda, water & coffees included as well: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/life-onboard

I was astonished the other day to discover that Azamara sells a "water package": https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/beverage-packages#tabs-0-79386400-1454002179-1

I would have expected these to fall under the "soda, water & coffees" category. What water is actually complimentary? Is there some difference between Evian and other bottled water?

They have a house brand of bottled water that is quite good that is complimentary. Some people prefer the expensive Evian or sparkling Perrier and that is why they offer it. Many restaurants in Europe do the same to please those types of clientele while others are fine with free tap or "no name" bottled water. It's kind of like questioning why Grey Goose isn't included on their complimentary alcohol list... it's about cost and upsell for premium products.

Edited by elusive_23

On a german cruiseline, also with lots of drinks included, but not in the Specialty Restaurants, they offer about 100 different kinds of water.

When we were on a cruise, we spoke to a couple, who was totally upset.

They were dining there and were asked: do you want to have a bottle of water xy? they agreed and enjoyed it and then came the bill: € 60 for one bottle of water. I think they offer water up to € 100, but they have to tell the people the prices in advance, when they see, that they did not watch the water prices.

A advised them to go to the HD and they got the money back.

They have a house brand of bottled water that is quite good that is complimentary. Some people prefer the expensive Evian or sparkling Perrier and that is why they offer it. Many restaurants in Europe do the same to please those types of clientele while others are fine with free tap or "no name" bottled water. It's kind of like questioning why Grey Goose isn't included on their complimentary alcohol list... it's about cost and upsell for premium products.

I guess I'm just not sophisticated enough to notice the difference between any brand of bottled water I've ever had. I agree that sparkling water is different, but still seems to be very much like a soda. Is the next step going to be that only generic sodas are complimentary, but brand names will cost extra? I guess what I'm trying to say is that I understand the difference in premium wines and liquors, but it's hard for me to wrap my head around the concept of a premium water or soda.

I guess I am weird, because I can actually taste the differences in bottled water; I don't like Evian at all although I did the first few times I had it. I'm hoping the "house brand" bottled water is just a simple spring water, if it is I'll be thrilled.

I just am not understanding the info presented on the website. All packages are listed separately by type of alcohol -- wine/liquor/beer and then a price. Then what exactly are the premium etc packages featured in the like love adore add ons -- i.e Is there one overall premium package which would include upgraded beer/wine/liquor (we drink all three) or do all types have to be purchased separately which would be 14.95 + 14.95 + 14.95 = 44.85 pp a day? (Or whatever the actual price is) Which would mean what is featured in the LLL promotion is essentially choose one type of alcohol for your premium option?Sorry to seem so dense but I am used to other cruise lines where the package is one set price per day and isn't divided by alcohol type.

On the next page are the complimentary beverages:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

Here are the paid wines by glass:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/prime_c_wine_list_june_2014.pdf

If you think to drink much of the paid wine you can take the wine package for $29.95 per day.

The same is for paid liquor. I can't find the prices quick. But look at board and decide then.

Prices are included service and so on. For the upgrade packages I don't know if you both have to take it.

On the next page are the complimentary beverages:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

Here are the paid wines by glass:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/prime_c_wine_list_june_2014.pdf

If you think to drink much of the paid wine you can take the wine package for $29.95 per day.

The same is for paid liquor. I can't find the prices quick. But look at board and decide then.

Prices are included service and so on. For the upgrade packages I don't know if you both have to take it.

Thank you for posting the wine list. I think it's a tad pricey (at least for the labels I know), but there are some tasty choices there. We are trying to cut back when we travel (without success so far, I might add), so maybe this will be an added incentive.;)

• 1 month later...
Hoyaheel, thank you very much!!! Feel a bit dumb now[emoji4] .

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6 met Tapatalk

I was going to ask the same question. I've seen that webpage before but the "won't have to pay extra to enjoy your night-cap or celebratory drink" made me question if the drinks are only on offer at certain times. I think that Azamara used to offer drinks with dinner for example but then expanded to all in, all day, though I may be thinking of another line...

We've just booked on to our first Azamara (Journey 10 July) and are hoping to be able to order G&T's/cocktails etc as we lounge by the pool in the daytime. If we need to pay for these then will do but it's not entirely clear to me whether 'all in' is the same as having a 'classic drinks package' on Celebrity for example, or if it's a bit more limited than this.

:) Mark