Dawn - water question

JillL

New Orleans has always been one of two or three ports that don't allow it. We have cruised out of NO about 10 times now and have never found anyone able to do it. With that said, a report about 5 or 6 months ago said they were successful. Have no idea if that's true or not. Most that have cruised with us have put their drinks in a checked bag or some sort and few have been sent to the "naughty room". Good luck. Water on the Dawn is great, just off her about 3 weeks ago.

I think it is the NO port authorities (baggage check-in stevedores) that have some kind of issue with this.

If they don't see it then it is not an issue.

Only reason to go to the "Naughty Room" would be confusion as to what is contained in the water bottles.

You can take as much water on board with in your carry-on baggage as you can handle.

The security people checking for WMD (alcohol etc.) would perhaps make a rudimentary inspection to see that it is in fact water. But no further problem !

And as a testament to survival rvsullivan came back having tasted and consumed the ship's water.

Suggestion take a glass or container of it apply ice liberally and twist of lemon or lime and enjoy.

Only effort extended is getting the twist of lemon or lime from the Buffet and the ice from the cabin steward or bartender!

Keep a cool container of it in your mini-fridge for that moment of inspiration !

But whatever you do - DO NOT PAY NCL FOR THAT "OVERPRICED" LITER BOTTLE found in your cabin !

• 2 weeks later...

I just sailed on the Dawn jan17-24. I took on a 24 pack of bottled water and 2-12 packs of sodas all with a luggage tags. They were all safely delivered in my room well before dinner time. I took out all the other cans and liquor bottles from the fridge and replaced it with my water and sodas. Worked out great!

Ok, so I should not plan to check a case of water in New Orleans?

What is the official NCL stance on bottled water?

Allowed? In carry on? In checked bags?

Will I get pulled to the side for the bottle shaking ?

Available for purchase onboard?

Thanks y'all!

What is the official NCL stance on bottled water?

"Can I bring my own water or soda onboard? Guests are allowed to bring water and soda on board in their original sealed containers. There is no set limit to this amount. We strongly recommend that you carry on the beverages. No coolers of any kind are allowed onboard the ships." (FAQ)

Available for purchase onboard?
Yes, through your cabin mini-bar, room service, or any bar/restaurant. There are also water packages.

I was told that the porter would not take a case of water with a luggage tag. We brought a case with us, believing that the porter would not take it, (we put a luggage tag on it in case we got separated from it) my husband was planning on carrying it onboard. The porter said "no bother, and put it on the cart with our luggage. Maybe it depends on the porter? This was this past November.

Edited to add: The water was delivered to the suite much later than our luggage and there was a sticker on it that had "water" written on it...Maybe they checked for booze?

Edited by pathubia