Alcohol package... any changes?

Dreamer333

As far as we can tell they are still offering this. We will be purchasing the package either before or on board at the end of February. I believe the price come to $56 dollars a day including tax.

Great, thank you.

Edited by Dreamer333

As far as we can tell they are still offering this. We will be purchasing the package either before or on board at the end of February. I believe the price come to $56 dollars a day including tax.

The price is US$56.35/pp/day which includes the 15% gratuity (not tax) and must be purchased for the entire cruise. If you purchase on the ship on boarding day while the ship is still docked an additional state sales tax may or may not be added. The sales tax varies depending on your departure port, but is from 6% to 7.5%. You can avoid the state sales tax by pre-purchase, or sometimes if you purchase at one of the tables that are set up around the ship. When purchasing at one of the tables the transaction is manually done, and then processed through the accounting system after the ship sails.

Does anyone know what ports add the sales tax? Also, if one was to pre-purchase online in order to avoid the sales tax and then needed to cancel the trip at the last minute- would Princess refund the AIBP?

In Ft. Lauderdale the onboard purchase was rung up after we left port. We didn't pay sales tax.

I believe it would be refundable, however if I'm incorrect someone will clarify. ;)

The AIBP must be purchased for the entire cruise, its not proratable.

When it first started it was required that all in the cabin must purchase, thats not the case anymore.

The additional tax in some ports has no effect on package drinks pre purchase, not sure if you buy onboard what happens.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

IF they process the charge while you are in Ft. Lauderdale or Houston, you will pay the local/state taxes. However, generally the cruise line just applies the sticker to the card and writes a receipt for the package purchase. They then process the purchase when the ship is in international waters, avoiding the tax.

IF they process the charge while you are in Ft. Lauderdale or Houston' date=' you will pay the local/state taxes. However, generally the cruise line just applies the sticker to the card and writes a receipt for the package purchase. They then process the purchase when the ship is in international waters, avoiding the tax.[/quote']

If they put the charge through before the ship is out of the area....they charge tax on the all inclusive package? :confused:

The charge is not for specific liquor, it for the entire package.

I hope they can't tax that. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser