Video: Coast Guard Helicopter Medical Evacuation from Regal Princess

CineGraphic

Thanks for posting this. My dad was in charge of search and rescue for the Air Force and now my son is trying to get into the Coast Guard to do the same thing. Sorry that this had to happen but nice to see that they did a great job.

My son says that it can take multiple attempts to get the patient if there are strong winds etc. Also, the 2 pods underneath the helicopter were holding extra fuel. They can go a long way for a long time:)

While its a very interesting video I'm sure the Captain also requested all passengers to stay off all open decks and balconies during the rescue. The last evacuation while I was on the Grand Princess was on a bow deck and the Captain evacuated the Spa and cabins forward of the forward elevators.

Its natural to want to see the action but not at the point of putting yourself in a danger zone.

We were on this cruise, too. It was QUITE a process. Whatever the situation was it was deemed grave enough to go through this midday on Saturday and not risk waiting until we got back into Port Everglades the next morning.