haircut

RetiredFL

My husband had a haircut in 2014 on Riviera, and it cost $33.

He says it was the best haircut he ever had!

If you do want to use Canyon Ranch, the best way is to book your appointment before you board. The number is (877) 329-1924. You can ask about prices.

Mary

If you do want to use Canyon Ranch, the best way is to book your appointment before you board. The number is (877) 329-1924. You can ask about prices.

Mary

Is there an email address to make bookings. Just for an non US person. Cost is too high for treatment with an international call on top of it. I am going on 2 different ships so does the one email allow me to book on both ships. That is if there is an email address. Thank you anyone in advance. Rhonda:)

Is there an email address to make bookings. Just for an non US person. Cost is too high for treatment with an international call on top of it. I am going on 2 different ships so does the one email allow me to book on both ships. That is if there is an email address. Thank you anyone in advance. Rhonda:)

try

spaclubatsea@canyonranch.com

No problem at all to book a haircut once you are on the ship. Book on your embarkation day. I have a haircut on all the ships, all of them much better and more expensive than any I get here in the Florida boonies. The stylists get training before they join the ships and if they can't cut it (pun intended), they are dismissed.

Cruised Nautica in Nov/Dec and the first thing I did was schedule a haircut. Absolutely no problem once you are on board. Since their tel was always busy I went in person, got exactly the time I wanted. A lovely Romanian girl did the honors; a really good cut, a chair looking out at the ocean and a friendly conversation. The price was $34 including tip. Extra info; I tried to tip more and neither she nor her boss would allow it!

The Preismans have a photos of the spa menu from 2014

I bet they are close if not the same as now

http://www.thepreismans.com/riviera_mayan_menus.htm#canyon

The prices are pretty close to what I pay here

DH gets his cheaper though ;)

Just back from Marina; prices seemed to be same as what's on Preismans site. Easy to book on board - plenty of availability, even on sea days (though we had a lot of those).

I didn't want to pay the ship's price for haircuts for 180 days, so I bought a couple of Wahl professional clippers (one large for my head, one they call "Peanut" for my beard, the same as my barber used) and started cutting it myself. #2 (1/4") for hair, #3 (3/8") for beard, and a Wahl electric razor to keep my neck hair under control. I cut it once a week (usually on Sunday) so it always looks decent. I started doing it a year and a half ago before the 2015 world cruise was delayed; by now I'm used to it after a lifetime of longer hair. The savings paid for the clippers a long time ago.

We're considered "thrifty" (our kids call us misers) so saving money was more important than how I look. I figure 13 haircuts (over 26 weeks) at $33 each a pricey indulgence.

Edited by hondorner

Don, I think I'd be with you and I know Howard would be.

Paying for a regular haircut (whether you are a man or a woman) on a 6 month cruise is vastly different from a 2 week to 2 month cruise!

Howard would like your solution but I'd probably have to do the cutting ... Not sure I want to do that! (He's having severe vision problems these days which is why I don't think he'd want to try doing it himself.)

Have a great voyage... so far it is clear that you are.

Mura