Canada New England cruise

chloes nana

[quote name='sail7seas'][B]You likely won't see foliage turn in Quebec City but you well could as you go south to Boston. It is impossible to say with certainty which weeks will be peak as it is very variable. Your chances of some foliage in Maine/MA (if you have port stops there) is better than Quebec City IMO[/B][/quote]

I am from Maine and I agree with this.

Lorie

[quote name='VMax1700']
Chloes Nana - sorry, I quoted you as well, but the gremlins seem to have swallowed it!
:D[/QUOTE]The system now only handles two quotes per reply. (It used to do more.) Edited by catl331

[quote name='chengkp75']Street & Co is another very fine spot, I don't get there as often as I'd like, since one son is allergic to seafood. He's a great chef, makes the best maple and bacon scallops I've ever had, but he can't taste what he makes. Street & Co does tend to change menu frequently, as they use only fresh ingredients, so whatever is available at the time.

Fore Street is another restaurant that serves only fresh local ingredients, so their menu changes often. They have a more mixed menu, including seafood and game.

The Oyster Room at Boone's is another nice place, relatively new. The owner, Harding Lee Smith, owns the 4 "room" restaurants in Portland: Oyster Room, Grill Room, Front Room, and Corner Room.

And, of course, how could I forget Duck Fat, where everything is fried or confit in, what else? Duck fat.[/quote]

These are some fantastic restaurants you talk of here. I guess it depends on what people are in the mood for, but we are in Maine and have never had a bad or even mediocre meal in any of these fine dining establishments. I have to admit we've never tried the Oyster room (yet! lol) but the rest offer very good food all around. Now I'm hungry to go to Portland. :D

Lorie

[quote name='galensgrl']These are some fantastic restaurants you talk of here. I guess it depends on what people are in the mood for, but we are in Maine and have never had a bad or even mediocre meal in any of these fine dining establishments. I have to admit we've never tried the Oyster room (yet! lol) but the rest offer very good food all around. Now I'm hungry to go to Portland. :D

Lorie[/QUOTE]

[B] Me, too.
A weekend in Portland when the weather warms a bit is sounding very appealing to me. :)

A 'foodie' weekend.... :D

[/B]