Diamond Club Happy Hour

janica

We cruised RCCL Navigator a year ago. We enjoyed the Diamond status Happy Hour each evening, during which time they offered complimentary cocktails (limited menu), along with wine, beer or softdrinks. Recent reading states that only wine, sparkling wine or champagne will be offered during the Happy Hour. Does anyone know if this is correct. I assume that this is part of the RCCL "cutbacks". Any info. is greatly appreciated. Janica

We cruised RCCL Navigator a year ago. We enjoyed the Diamond status Happy Hour each evening, during which time they offered complimentary cocktails (limited menu), along with wine, beer or softdrinks. Recent reading states that only wine, sparkling wine or champagne will be offered during the Happy Hour. Does anyone know if this is correct. I assume that this is part of the RCCL "cutbacks". Any info. is greatly appreciated. Janica

Not true.

Where did you read that information? That sounds like an old post about the "Diamond Event" that used to be held for Diamonds on ships with no Diamond Club. Diamonds also get 3 free drinks on their Seapass cards for drinks, during the cocktail hour and same drinks as in the D club, at other bars on the ships.

You might be confusing the nightly Diamond event with the Diamond lounge happy hours. Most types of complimentary cocktails are still being served, except those frozen alcoholic ones. The list varies slightly from ship to ship.

Not true

The Diamond Event was bought in in Sep 2009 to compensate for the Diamonds who were no longer allowed in the CL. The Diamond Event only served bubbles and wine.

However since then all ships are being revitalised and a specific Diamond Lounge is being installed, and in the Diamond Lounge you get the full remit of included drinks, including mixed drinks.

In addition you also have 3 drinks per day loaded onto your seapass card which you can redeem at most bars during the same hours of the DL.

I think that there are only 2 ships left to be revitalised. Jewel and Majesty.

Panic over.

Thank you so much! I think that I did confuse the Nightly Event with the Diamond Lounge Happy Hour. We got spoiled last year with this perk and I was disappointed to think it had been taken away. I reread about the Diamond perks on the RCCL website. Your info. was most helpful. Thank you for taking the time to post. I am a much happier cruiser. :D Janica

I need some clarification. Does one go to the Diamond event OR redeem drinks on their seapass card in any bar on the ship? I assume the timeframe is the same?

You can do both. Go to the Diamond lounge happy hour (or the Diamond event on Majesty/Jewel), AND be able to use the coupons during the same time frame.

BTW, it's not any bar- the dining room bars are excluded.

We just got off the Allure Sunday. The Diamond Club Happy hour was moved to Dazzles as there was a fairly large amount of C&A. Had regular list of liquor ,wines , beers and standard buffet. 530pm to 830. Also had 3 drinks loaded on Sea pass. Great people and service and had both floors open but not crowded at all after 630pm. Bob

RCL still has the Happy Hour each night 4:30 - 8:00 or 5:00 - 8:30 depending on ship +3 drinks loaded daily to sea pass card for use during those hours. They also have a top tier event one night per cruise by invitation on 5N or greater cruises which usually lasts 1 hr with limited drinks though I have seen requests made.

Current complimentary drink menu below from my December cruise.

DiamondDrinks1.jpg

http://weatherfx.us/public/pics/DiamondDrinks1.jpg

DiamondDrinks2.jpg

http://weatherfx.us/public/pics/DiamondDrinks2.jpg

Does anyone know if you can get, say a beer, during the day time hours, using one your 3 free drinks loaded on your card or do they have to be used during the DL hours just before dinner? DH enjoys a beer while sitting around the pool in the afternoon. Just wondering.

Does anyone know if you can get, say a beer, during the day time hours, using one your 3 free drinks loaded on your card or do they have to be used during the DL hours just before dinner? DH enjoys a beer while sitting around the pool in the afternoon. Just wondering.

Answer above yours in 11

The vouchers can only be used during the period when the DL is having the nightly cocktail hour.

Only during Happy hour.

Thanks for those quick answers. This year's cruise will be our first as Diamond Members. I thought I had read some place else on another thread, that sometimes servers asked during the daytime if you would like to use one of your free loaded drinks. Guess DH will have to pay for his pool beer or else hold out until Diamond Hours.

Thanks for those quick answers. This year's cruise will be our first as Diamond Members. I thought I had read some place else on another thread, that sometimes servers asked during the daytime if you would like to use one of your free loaded drinks. Guess DH will have to pay for his pool beer or else hold out until Diamond Hours.

Have never heard of that.

I thought I had read some place else on another thread, that sometimes servers asked during the daytime if you would like to use one of your free loaded drinks.

Maybe you are thinking about the Diamond member "coupons" which will be loaded onto your account. You will each have a single BOGO "coupon" for a glass of beer, wine, or soda you can use any time of the day. After you use that you will also have a single 20% off beer, wine, or soda coupon you can use any time.

Edited by UCF_Knight

The only time I could imagine this being asked if it was in reference to the C&A bogo free drink (beer or wine) that is loaded on your sea pass card which is only 1x per cruise.

Hi,

Can I get 2 glasses of wine to bring to my cabin, or must I sit and have them at the bar?

I am Diamond, but my Partner is not... So we cannot go to the Diamond events on Allure.

thanks

newlu

When you get them at a bar you are free to take them anywhere you want.