We're on the Emerald and....it's all good!!

svend52

• 3 weeks later...
Had no A/C problems or hot or cold water problems in B735, how ever we did not have the new pillow top mattresses. Steward said higher decks had them and they were expected soon in the lower decks. Food was pretty good except for the Prime Rib, might have been choice grade but not prime (I was in the Beef cattle business for 40 years) Had the Salmon 3 nights, not on every night menu, just ask for it.

Just off the 4 day today & on deck 8 mid aft had everything new & it was great, however in Jan on the 10 day had a mini & everything was old including the pillows & bad air. Bogo was different, waiter said as of 2 weeks its now 5 to 6pm in Adaigio which is very nice but quite small, oooh the lines.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off on the 19th...we had a fabulous cruise and will post a review soon, but wanted to chime in on the AC situation. We were in a balcony C434 (mid ship, deck 10) and despite having the AC turned as low as it would go, hubby and I both were uncomfortably warm every night, despite only using the sheet on the (incredibly comfortable) bed. It didn't occur to us until disembark that perhaps we could have called on it, but we shrugged it off as it was such a great trip. By contrast, I nearly froze to death in the MDR multiple nights.

We just got off on the 19th...we had a fabulous cruise and will post a review soon, but wanted to chime in on the AC situation. We were in a balcony C434 (mid ship, deck 10) and despite having the AC turned as low as it would go, hubby and I both were uncomfortably warm every night, despite only using the sheet on the (incredibly comfortable) bed. It didn't occur to us until disembark that perhaps we could have called on it, but we shrugged it off as it was such a great trip. By contrast, I nearly froze to death in the MDR multiple nights.

We were in C510 and C503 with the same situation for AC. Luckily we had an overcast trip & didn't overheat but when it get warmer the people in those cabins will be doing a lot of sweating.

We were also on from the 14th to the 19th of March in C205. Our cabin was also uncomfortably warm with the ac turned all the way down. We called and they sent someone who said he increased the airflow. It did get a little bit better, but I think most of the improvement was due to the change in the ship's direction. The room was ok when we were no longer getting the afternoon sun. I would not want to be in that room when it is really hot outside.

We were in Cabin C434-Caribe Deck on the 2/27 sailing and fortunately we had no problems at all with the air conditioning.

We were on the Emerald Feb 20-27th in one of the HC accessible cabins - B304. Had no problems with A/C, although we had it set at the 'coldest' setting the entire cruise.

We didn't have any problems with hot/cold water, either - it was a wonderful, relaxing cruise with a terrific crew, and very pleasant passengers.

• 2 months later...
We're on the Emerald deck (E731) and the new beds are great. We've been in this cabin before and noticed that since we were here last they've put in a connecting door to E729. Just an FYI for anyone considering traveling with family or friends looking for adjacent rooms. Looking forward to a quiet sea day today on our way to Grand Turk.

Hello - I realise this is an old post but I am considering booking this cabin. Can you advise where the connecting door is located? Do you happen to have a photo?

Thanks very much :).

Seems like there was a little "bad press" recently about the Emerald after her dry dock. We boarded yesterday for our 4th on the Emerald and the AC works, the toilets flush, the food is great, the staff is fantastic and I'm doing a pretty good job keeping up with the all-inclusive beverage package! We feel like we're home again and...it's all good!

Wonderful news:)