ANOTHER Regal Princess room question?

j3000

Trying to figure out what the balcony room categories - BA, BB, BC, BD, BE, BF, BV, BW, BY, BZ- mean? Is it a rating? i.e, Is BA a BETTER ROOM than say, BY or BZ? Does it refer to location? Or what?

Those with letters at the bottom of the alphabet (Z,Y,X...) for the second digit of the cabin code have obstructed views. The difference in the BA/BB/BC et al cabins is just location: higher deck better than lower deck, midship better than aft, aft better than forward; lowest category non-obstructed balconies are usually the ones with a public area above or below.

Edited by fishywood

BC cabins are midships on Marina and Lido decks. In theory great location but the reason they are not BB or BA is because they have public decks right above them.

BZ cagtegory is the lowest ranked because they are obstructed and all the way forward, though the ones on Marina deck are not directly below the open deck as the ones on Lido deck are. If you don't mind either the obstruction or the motion of the ship those Marina deck cabins would be a good deal if priced lower enough than the BC.

The BW on Emerald deck are again obstructed but midship, which is why they are the among the better rated obstructed cabins despite Crooner's bar being directly underneath. Good location but potentially noisy.

"Best" is based on perception and personal preferences. Best according to Princess (and other lines) is mid-ship but I hate being mid-ship. I'd much rather be near the aft elevators. Not just because it's cheaper but that's where I truly prefer to be.

I agree with Pam. "Best" is what is best for me and Carolyn. We also prefer aft locations on the Royal Class ships and have found the "Best" cabin is E702 or 701 which is classified as obstructed, but in reality it really isn't. Also the aft stairway and lifts provide easy access to HC/Bistro and deck 8 is convenient to all the active inside areas. Our next 3 voyages are in this cabin location.

Definitely in the eye of the beholder! I prefer forward or slightly mid-ship. I tried an aft cabin on the Emerald, didn't care for it. I spent time going down the stairs, walking forward to get to the IC or the Piazza. The next year I took a cabin on Plaza deck!

It will be interesting to be on the Regal for 25 days soon and see if the lack of the center stairs bothers me! My cabin is sort of mid-ship on Baja so we'll see! :) I'm not a buffet person, tend to eat breakfast and lunch at the International Café but the pastry thingy in the Horizon is a must see for a carb queen.