True or False No Dancing Waitstaff in MDR

uirie

It was cute the first few times but as they keep adding workload to the servers and service is not as good as in the past' date=' it does slow down the service.[/quote']

What Ika, our head waitress on the Sunshine last week, would do if the singing and/or dancing was called for during food serving was that either she or her assistant kept serving while the other participated in the festivities :) It kept things moving along nicely

Glory--November/ 2015--Some nights singing--some nights dancing.

More that two nights and we loved it--and so did our waiters---they really got into it and had a blast.

Many more people in the dining room were loving it than those that didn't.

It was fun!!

It was cute the first few times but as they keep adding workload to the servers and service is not as good as in the past' date=' it does slow down the service.

Wish they would do it say 2-3 times during a 7 day cruise.[/quote']

I get your point, that being said, a significant portion of cruisers on a Carnival ship at any point in time are newbies. Carnival's plan is specifically directed toward that segment. I would also say we have sailed on over 30 Carnival cruises and my wife still LOVES the interaction and the entertainment.

I have my first Carnival cruise book on the breeze in September, I'm looking forward to it! We've only done RCI in the past so it seems like a fun concept :)

You just hit the nail on the head. If Carnival is one thing from an identity perspective, it is that they are the FUN ships!

This topic comes up so often. People like it. People don't like it. Oh well. So long as they keep doing it, I will enjoy it. I never get tired of it nor has it held up any meals. Not every waiter dances. I do the same things on cruise vacations and don't get tired of that stuff. Why would this be any different? It's not. It's part of the cruise experience for us when we sail Carnival. And the only song I purposely avoid is the one at the end because it makes me sad. Yup every time.

As far as the waiters not wanting to do it, that may be the case for some and to that I say and.....? Very few people enjoy every single aspect of their job even if they love it otherwise. I'm sure the stewards don't like cleaning toilets or those working on the deck for sure get tired of clearing cups and plates. But I highly doubt anyone would suggest they stop doing that out of concern for their feelings. Please.

JH posted this on his page AGAIN. And AGAIN the majority of the responses are favorable.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I liked the dancing waiters. Some of the waiters loved it and 'would give it loads' as we say here, others not so keen. But still it is part of the job and like any job there are aspects you enjoy and others not so much. I hate heights but I still have to climb up on top of 5 story storage tanks to inspect valves, I don't like it, but I have to suckling it up 😉😨

Early seating dining last week on the Valor saw only one night (2nd Elegant) out of 7 with waiters singing and dancing to one song. No aria by the maître d. No "Leaving on the Fun Ship" on the final night. We were into our desserts when it happened. DR was full of Premiere Players Club folks and I saw some 10 tops eating dessert during the song too. You could tell it was going to happen and there wasn't a sudden flight out of the MDR. The tables around us were either taking part in the dancing or clapping to the music.

I have experienced similar horror stories of cold food and poor service during "music time" but mostly that has happened on larger ships where waitstaff appears to be understaffed and there's more than one song.

Dining rooms are set up for fixed dining times, not anytime dining. If you opt for anytime dining that is just one of the things you need to deal with.

On the Glory, at least in the Platinum Dining Room, they didn't all actively dance. There were about 7 or 8 that were in costume and up on the pedestals dancing while the rest gathered around the outside of the center section of the dining room clapping.

I don't remember the ship but we always do ATD and it was upstairs. Down below was the dancing/singing and messed with the flow. If I want dancers around my food, there are establishments that offer that.

I don't remember the ship but we always do ATD and it was upstairs. Down below was the dancing/singing and messed with the flow. If I want dancers around my food, there are establishments that offer that.

But you know going in this establishment does offer that and you still go. You just choose ATD so you can be away from it. Others have that same option.

Personally, my family and I love the dancing and singing. It's what makes it different than being at home!!! I hope they never change it.