Lindberg, Bolongo, or Sapphire?

Podie

I will be here on NCL Spirit Feb. 2 and it looks like we're docking at Crown Bay and there are 3 other ships as well. Sapphire is my first choice, but we're there from 11-7 and I'm concerned about the traffic getting there. Would I be better off staying closer - Lindberg or Bolongo? My requirements are chair rental, few kids running around, restrooms, and bar and/or restaurant. I just don't want to stress about travel time. Thanks!

Edited by Podie

You're scheduled to dock at Crown Bay, and with the NCL Escape and Carnival Valor docked at Havensight we'd probably head for Lindbergh, especially with the later arrival. I think Sapphire is also a great choice and a nicer beach, but it is quite a bit further from Crown.

If you ended up docking at Havensight I'd go with Sapphire.

We're not big fans of Bolongo for the beach, although we do like Iggie's Beach Bar.

Hello, Lindberg aka Emerald beach is the easy choice from Crown bay. You are so close and won't deal with any traffic. They have everything you want there. It's very nice, we actually like it overall better than Sapphire. Sapphire is slightly prettier, but the facilities, beach bar and that type of thing are better at emerald.

We will be at Lindberg-Emerald next week.

Have Fun

Rob

Yes the beach at Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald Beach) is a nice beach for the day, and there are 2 hotel restaurants, as well as nicer restrooms at the Best Western Resort. Sapphire is that dream beach where you feel you've arrived in the Caribbean but also have amenities...

Be aware that the Best Western property has lost that affiliation BW but is still operating, and the Island Beachcomber is a bit more casual option just down the beach with more of a local vibe.

We are on NCL Spirit 2/13 sailing. Our hearts are set on Sapphire (and Bluewater you have given myself and others great advice) but there will be over 16,000 in port, we are there from 11-7 with the likelihood of tendering and I am not familiar with the two different ports. Should we reconsider Sapphire? If we tender at Crowne how much travel time difference is there from Havensight?

Thanks!!

• 3 months later...
You're scheduled to dock at Crown Bay, and with the NCL Escape and Carnival Valor docked at Havensight we'd probably head for Lindbergh, especially with the later arrival. I think Sapphire is also a great choice and a nicer beach, but it is quite a bit further from Crown.

If you ended up docking at Havensight I'd go with Sapphire.

We're not big fans of Bolongo for the beach, although we do like Iggie's Beach Bar.

What didn't you not like about Bolongo beach?

What didn't you not like about Bolongo beach?

The beach right by Iggie's is pebbly and not that nice. For a nice beach with a beach bar, of the 3 choices Lindbergh is probably the best option.

Hope you're enjoying your cruise!

LOL! I have to say I prefer Bolongo to Lindbergh. There is one older hotel (if you ever traveled in the Caribbean in the 80s, you'll know what I mean- low rise, not fancy) with two great bars and restaurants. Lindbergh has two larger, older hotels, many more visitors. But, then Blue and I always disagree on these things. :)

LOL! I have to say I prefer Bolongo to Lindbergh. There is one older hotel (if you ever traveled in the Caribbean in the 80s, you'll know what I mean- low rise, not fancy) with two great bars and restaurants. Lindbergh has two larger, older hotels, many more visitors. But, then Blue and I always disagree on these things. :)

:):p:)

"For a nice beach with a beach bar..."

We like Bolongo for happy hours and evenings, just prefer other beaches during the day...

We'd actually head for Hull Bay for a beach bar beach :)