Missed port call for St. Maarten- Dream

JLBellaCC

We are on Glory in a couple of weeks. Already see 7 ships scheduled in St.Marten the same day. What do you think the odds that we get canceled?

Since the Glory is a smaller ship than the Dream, I think the odds of docking there are much higher.

Wind and swells play havoc with the larger ships, they have a much greater surface area that gets affected, and often the side thrusters arent strong enough to counteract or balance out.

Think of a semi tracker trailer getting blown off an interstate by high winds while a low slung car like a Honda Civic or Corvette is hardly affected.

Perhaps the Oasis or other monster ship won't make it to the dock?

Edited by evandbob

For the record, I'm having fun, and keep only one screen name.....and it's amazing how one can make one sarcastic remark, to keep the thread alive!

For the record, i have over 30 cruises and only missed tender ports for weather. Never a major stop. I do believe the poster had a legit question. Why did they cancel excursions so far in advance and why did other ships dock? Both of these items are enough to put question marks in a person's brain as to the validity of the response.

One a time? I was actually not referring to you. WHat si fun about only posting negative remarks? You don't post just to stir things up do you? I am sure we can pick through your posts here and find a non-negative post in regards to a Carnival, right?;) I think JH wants you to contact him, not sure you saw the reference. I don't doubt the integrity of the captain of any cruise ship, nor would I think they would do things along the lines you suggest.

What is the difference between a stop and major stop? There was reference on a another cruise line thread about a ship turned away from St. Maarten due to weather..... I can think of two other ports where I have heard of stops being cancelled due to weather. Stops with docks not tender ports.

Afraid its like talking to a wall Jimbo.

Exactly. Why bother.

I didn't regard his/her/its comment as sarcastic. More like purposely giving out nefarious information to a cruiser who may not know any better and believe that ignorant garbage. If it's entertainment for this person then why try to reason.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

The OPs conspiracy theory is nonsense. And as usual, so is your post.

Ships miss ports. Nothing earth shattering about that. They also would much prefer not to. Loss money. Compensation to the passengers if they so choose to be generous. And last but not least there's the assured backlash that will be aired out on social media that some quack will latch onto like a sea urchin. None of that is worth them purposely schelping a ship load of passengers to a port many would be looking forward to only to intentionally not allow them off. GMAB.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Sea urchins don't latch

Cruise Critic, just like tripadvisor and many other sites have a purpose. To either praise, or critique companies or places. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Seems if someone dislikes a company, they are called names.

Now, I have discovered I'm more famous than I thought. Going to sleep good tonight, and hopefully, I didn't give John too much stress today.

Exactly. Why bother.

I didn't regard his/her/its comment as sarcastic. More like purposely giving out nefarious information to a cruiser who may not know any better and believe that ignorant garbage. If it's entertainment for this person then why try to reason.

It IS entertainment for this person and I'll bet he uses the same log-in screen name for his adult video website browsing.

You do realize there are about a dozen posters who make up new ID's on a regular basis and post stuff here just to stir the pot.....right?

You should make a spreadsheet and send it out!

Headed back on the Magic in Feb. Didn't get one of those cool aft wraps again. We have a wedding to fund in June!

Edited by BallFour4

You should make a spreadsheet and send it out!

Headed back on the Magic in Feb. Didn't get one of those cool aft wraps again. We have a wedding to fund in June!

I actually communicate off line from here with someone that does tract it. It is actually pretty interesting. Good for you with the Magic, we did enjoy that cruise! Understand the wedding aspect, we married off 5 in 5 years (3 in the same year, and we were featured on the Rachel Ray show because of it).

I still have the alms for the poor cup I used on corners.......

Cruise Critic, just like tripadvisor and many other sites have a purpose. To either praise, or critique companies or places. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Seems if someone dislikes a company, they are called names.

Now, I have discovered I'm more famous than I thought. Going to sleep good tonight, and hopefully, I didn't give John too much stress today.

That is called delusions of grandeur..... Not to worry about John, he will be fine.