Queen Victoria at Port Canaveral today!

SteerageJoe

Nice photo!

Did they arrive early because the sea-scanner website says the QV is not due in for another 14 hours?

http://www.portcanaveralwebcam.com/

Yes, by 11am she was already docked. I saw two ambulances ship side (you can see one in the photo)- maybe someone got ill and the captain decided to rush things. She was listed to arrive at 1pm today.

Edited by SteerageJoe

Yes, by 11am she was already docked. I saw two ambulances ship side (you can see one in the photo)- maybe someone got ill and the captain decided to rush things. She was listed to arrive at 1pm today.

Extreme pitching and rolling on the crossing after Porto Del Gado; sails tonight at 7:00 PM for Ft Lauderdale.

Extreme pitching and rolling on the crossing after Porto Del Gado; sails tonight at 7:00 PM for Ft Lauderdale.

Carnival Sensation departed earlier and passed by Victoria.. Many Victoria passengers were at the Kennedy Space Center today - I had not been there for many years - its a great visit. Just waiting for Victoria to pass by Melbourne on her way to FLL.

Carnival Sensation departed earlier and passed by Victoria.. Many Victoria passengers were at the Kennedy Space Center today - I had not been there for many years - its a great visit. Just waiting for Victoria to pass by Melbourne on her way to FLL.

Looks as if she is just sailing past Cocoa Beach.

Got off of QV in Port Canaveral on Thursday morning. We were docked by 10:30 on Wednesday, a whole day early. Because QV hadn't been in US waters in the last 90 days and the crew certified by USCG, there were a bunch of inspections that needed to be conducted. These were going to take a lot of time, so we made best possible speed from Ponta Delgada.

Passengers and crew were processed by Immigration Control on Wednesday afternoon. 22 of us planned to leave the ship in Port Canaveral. Still, we couldn't go through customs until Thursday morning until 10 a.m. when US Customs showed up. It was nice that everyone else got an extra day in port.

Rough crossing. I was sick on two different occasions even though I had taken every possible precaution including prescription medications. The Bay of Biscay lived up to it's reputation. Then, the following seas caused by the hurricane in Ponta Delgada made for a continuous rough ride.

I was very happy to see the coastline of Florida. I knew we were in trouble when Captain Philpott said on the PA as we left Southampton that the QV "was a stout built ship and there should be no worries." It was rough. I'm off cruising for a while.