PVP says flavored teas now $$$

LMaxwell

Though I'm not a big tea drinker, I remarked to my daughter last week while we were on a Disney cruise what a wonderful, flavorful selection of Twining teas that were always available. I come back to read this about Carnival Teagate.

I guess if I were a big tea drinker, I would start bringing my own fave.

This is true. I am on b2b journey cruise on the Dream. First part of trip from New Orleans to Puerto Rico did have the boxes of flavored teas in the Lido. Now they are no longer there. Nothing was said about it, the boxes just disappeared. Of course I had to go on cruise critic to find out what happened!

Who cares?

I am sure it's the tea drinkers fault, they always stole the bags by the dozens.. No one to blame but themselves.

Then why didn't they just take it away from the Lido deck? Or have the bacon police hand it out? You only got one at a time (2 at the most) during tea time in which the waiter held the box while you selected your tea. Sorry, don't buy that for a second.

Who cares?

I am sure it's the tea drinkers fault, they always stole the bags by the dozens.. No one to blame but themselves.

Obviously several of us care. One day, one (or, more likely, several) of the cutbacks will matter to you.

I don't care about robes not being in the cabin - we don't use the robes and I was planning on asking my steward to remove them if they are in our suite in September, anyway. But I don't feel any desire to deride those that do care about the robes. We all have different things that matter to us, and some that don't.

And really, to blame "the tea drinkers"? To lump us all in with the trashy, petty thieves?:mad: Charming.:cool:

Fellow Carnival Cruisers:

I am sorry. It's all my fault. Carnival has found me out, darn them! And now we'll all be without tea. You see, I drop several thousand dollars on each Carnival cruise, never smuggle or break Carnival's rules, book high-end excursions through the cruise line, buy FTTF, book suites, eat at the Steakhouse, buy from the gift shops, always make the St. Jude's donations, etc., etc., etc. But I was subsidizing it all by stealing dozens of cheap tea bags from the Lido Deck every chance I got, then taking them home and selling them on the Black Tea Market. I'm so ashamed.:( And I have no one to blame but myself.

:rolleyes:

Fellow Carnival Cruisers:

I am sorry. It's all my fault. Carnival has found me out, darn them! And now we'll all be without tea. You see, I drop several thousand dollars on each Carnival cruise, never smuggle or break Carnival's rules, book high-end excursions through the cruise line, buy FTTF, book suites, eat at the Steakhouse, buy from the gift shops, always make the St. Jude's donations, etc., etc., etc. But I was subsidizing it all by stealing dozens of cheap tea bags from the Lido Deck every chance I got, then taking them home and selling them on the Black Tea Market. I'm so ashamed.:( And I have no one to blame but myself.

:rolleyes:

So THAT explains the dip in CCL's stock price from 1:10 to 1:35 this afternoon.

I have just gotten off the Conquest and the different teas were available on the Lido deck as well as in the dining room. I am a tea drinker so have several cups a day and enjoyed each and every one of them. There is hot water as well as all the other tea things needed on the Lido deck.

As well I enjoyed tea time at no extra expense. We had a great time and really enjoyed it.

Not sure why the PVP said that it was extra charges because it wasn't.

Now if you wanted a specialty tea like chai tea latte yes you get that at the coffee shop and you do have to pay for it. English breakfast, earl grey and other kinds were available free.

Maybe the PVP was thinking of the chai tea lattes and not the other regular teas.

tigercat

I have just gotten off the Conquest and the different teas were available on the Lido deck as well as in the dining room. I am a tea drinker so have several cups a day and enjoyed each and every one of them. There is hot water as well as all the other tea things needed on the Lido deck.

As well I enjoyed tea time at no extra expense. We had a great time and really enjoyed it.

Not sure why the PVP said that it was extra charges because it wasn't.

Now if you wanted a specialty tea like chai tea latte yes you get that at the coffee shop and you do have to pay for it. English breakfast, earl grey and other kinds were available free.

Maybe the PVP was thinking of the chai tea lattes and not the other regular teas.

tigercat

This is apparently new this week and confirmed by John Heald.

Now here is something new. For those who want one of the specialty teas we are introducing as of this coming weekend across the ship something called The Art Of Tea.

Just thought of something. If they are rolling the new tea program out this weekend, what is going to happen on the Miracle (currently in the middle of a 15 day Hawaii cruise)?

We might have to warn them to hoard the tea.:p

John Heald is asking for opinions about the hot chocolate on his social media page. I am waiting for him to make an announcement in a few weeks about some brilliant upgrade to fancier sounding hot chocolate for a mere $5 per powdered pack.

Truthfully, that is probably coming.

It is kind of obvious, isn't it?

If you read lifestyle blogs, then you may have noticed this holiday season that hot coco bars were a trend.

My daughter even had one set up for her bonfire party this fall.

Special main dining room entrees for an additional charge.

Removal of some room service item and the additon of items available for an additonal fee.

Now some varieties of tea bags have been replaced with tea for a fee.

None of these things, so far, directly affect me, but more changes are coming.

I don't want any of those items enough to pull out my s&s card.

But it is obvious that they are going through every amenity line by line searching for ways to decrease costs and increase revenue.

With extra fees for tea bags in the main dining room then you know they have considered special iced teas for a fee.

Disney World did this about 15 years ago.

They actually priced themselves out of my economic reality and I have known that cruises would eventually be unaffordable to us.

Hopefully we can do a few more before it is over for us.

All we really want is a deck chair in the shade with a view of sea and a breeze.

Edited by mzloolue

John Heald is asking for opinions about the hot chocolate on his social media page. I am waiting for him to make an announcement in a few weeks about some brilliant upgrade to fancier sounding hot chocolate for a mere $5 per powdered pack.

Maybe:confused:, he also mentioned Cozumel, maybe they are cutting that out.... and he asked about people celebrating significant older birthdays ..... maybe that is the next cutback.....oh lastly it was world war II vets.... so they are gone also.

Guess I'll have to pack a few flavored tea bags, no big deal.

Yea easy day, you can buy 100 packs of Celestial Seasonings for 3 bucks, and they won't take up a lot of room and there quite lite to pack.

Yea easy day, you can buy 100 packs of Celestial Seasonings for 3 bucks, and they won't take up a lot of room and there quite lite to pack.

That's what I'm going to do next cruise. One problem - I only drink tea at tea time on the ship so I am going to have a LOT of tea left over. Hey, maybe I can bring my whole stash and sell them for $0.50 each on the Lido and at tea time :D

That's what I'm going to do next cruise. One problem - I only drink tea at tea time on the ship so I am going to have a LOT of tea left over. Hey, maybe I can bring my whole stash and sell them for $0.50 each on the Lido and at tea time :D

Ahhh bootleg teabags.... now that is an opportunity, significantly under priced as well. Could be a winner. Walking around in the raincoat with them stapled to the inside might be a problem tho...... Safety warning, stay away from the hot tubs.

Ahhh bootleg teabags.... now that is an opportunity, significantly under priced as well. Could be a winner. Walking around in the raincoat with them stapled to the inside might be a problem tho...... Safety warning, stay away from the hot tubs.

Hahahahahaha! I just about choked on my Diet Coke! :p