All Inclusive Beverage Package

rs12065

Trying to decide wether to prepurchase this. My personaliser is in AUD and its $70AUD a day. I cant see the current USD total price in my personaliser so I am unable to work out the exchange rate. Could someone post the current USD inc tip please?

Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in bars, dining rooms or specialty restaurants, will be available at 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail. Note: This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items). Terms and conditions may apply.

Item #0525

$56.35

per person/

per day

Item #2419

$59.00 AUD

per person/

per day

Edited by Colo Cruiser

It's not really being cheap. It's being frugal.

Here's how I figure it out (names made up; amounts are approximate)

Michele likes her hot chocolate and gets one each day. Her habit costs $20 for the week. Outside of that she drinks only tap water.

Michael likes his soda. Total cost for cruise comes his daily habit comes to $50 for the week.

Total cost for the two for the week: $70. Cost of card: $51. Savings: $19

If two cards were needed then the cost for the couple would be $0 because the couple wouldn't buy the cards. She would either bring on board her own hot chocolate mixes or go without. He would bring his own soda on board (and get the type he really likes to boot!).

By the two sharing the card the cruise line gets $51. If both were forced to get the card then the cruise line would get $0. $51 is better than $0.

Soda and other non-alcoholic drinks are very high-profit items. Many dozens of cups of sodas can be made from just a few cents' worth of concentrate. Add in the cost of the cup, straw, and soda water you are talking about 15 to 25 cents to make a soda. This is then sold at $2 or more! Why don't you think many restaurants have free refills? It's because even with the refills they still make a good profit on the item.

If you buy all the drink and give them to the people who want them I don't think anyone notices You should probably be discreet. We buy stuff a la cart so it's just a observation from other people.

Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in bars, dining rooms or specialty restaurants, will be available at 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail. Note: This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items). Terms and conditions may apply.

Item #0525

$56.35

per person/

per day

Item #2419

$59.00 AUD

per person/

per day

Are you seeing $59AUD for the All Inclusive?This is what I see

a52c11d575e2a3d85f7949fa7317ea33.jpg

Edited by Pushka

Item #0525

$56.35

per person/

per day

Item #2419

$59.00 AUD

per person/

per day

I wonder if you can share the bottles of wine or have to drink them alone.

Then the right way to do it is get your drink using the drink package and pay for your partner's drink individually. The package is per person, not per couple. Surely you don't believe you could order drinks all day and walk around giving them away as part of the package.

Are you limited to 15 drinks a day or something?

Trying to decide wether to prepurchase this. My personaliser is in AUD and its $70AUD a day. I cant see the current USD total price in my personaliser so I am unable to work out the exchange rate. Could someone post the current USD inc tip please?

It is $49 a day and 15% gratuity added. So 56 and some change a day.

Sharing plans is what has caused at least one other cruise line to require all adults in a cabin to pay for the plan - sharing like some are suggesting will only hurt the rest of us in the long run. Also if the wife takes the husbands card to the bar she may be asked to prove her name is "Jim"

So just get Jim to go to another bar! Simples!:D

No wait time, apparently you can order one drink at a time, I have in fact ordered a cocktail-disliked it and then ordered another straight after- the waiter did not take it away and I gave it to my daughter.

Too many lectures on this board- do not see why people have to lecture people -just answer the question or do not respond negatively far better!

Getting a drink and honestly not liking it and giving it away so it's not dumped out and wasted is very different than intentionally ordering a drink for someone knowing they're going to drink it.

I wish I had paid more attention in college when I took a class in logic. I could tell you the name of the logic fallacy you are stating.

I'm not shoplifting or stealing. I have paid for the package. The package entitles me to unlimited non-alcoholic drinks. Once I get said drink it is mine to do with as I see fit. If I want to I can give it away, throw it out, or just sit and stare at it for hours.

Again, if I and my partner were to both order multiple drinks each per day then 2 packages would be ordered. If I drink a lot during the day and my partner only wants one (or less) drink a day then it doesn't make sense to have two packages.

Yes, this is fine, if you then pay for your partner's drink a la carte, as the price you've paid for the package is per person and therefore covers drinks for your consumption.