All Inclusive Beverage Package

rs12065

Can you actually show me where in any fine print it actually says that there is no sharing?

OK it is here:

The price is quoted as "$56.35/per person/per day." This means it is for the person that purchases the package, and not other passengers.

You are not limited to a certain number of drinks within a certain period of time. It is unlimited.

This is what it says on the pre-order form on the Princess website:

All-Inclusive Beverage Package:

Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes

any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines,

beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Price includes service charge

Item # 0525 – $56.35 per person/per day*^

So I think that it is very clear that there is no sharing.

Actually it doesn't say it's for the consumption of that one person although it's implied. The person can do with the drink as they please. Drink it, dump it if it doesn't taste right or give it away.

I repeat, I wasn't trying to circumvent the system. It was an innocent question trying to get clarification. This question was asked not because I was looking for support for cheating but because the amount of beverages ordered would not be any different. Why do so many Cruise Critic members seem to go out of their way to post negative and misguided responses to innocent questions. As it is, no one has yet answered my original question, which was is there a certain amount of time between drink orders that is limited?

If your buying your wife a free drink on your card how can the amount of drinks be the same. Saying its not clear what Princess says its per person. It can't get any clearer than that. Asking the question that you did showed you knew the package was for 1.

Can you actually show me where in any fine print it actually says that there is no sharing? If I am allowed a certain amount of drinks in a given period of time and Princess does not specifically state that can not be done, anyone doing what I have just innocently asked is not "cheating the system". It was an honest question because the website was not clear to me on this and if I can be shown otherwise, so be it. Otherwise, I take offense to any suggestion that I am trying to cheat.

Perhaps the fact that it's priced as per person, per day might be an indication that it's not shared.

The drink package is per person and it's hurtful to the future of the package, which I love, if people start sharing. I saw people try to share the soda sticker on our last cruise and the bar tenders know. I find it tacky. Dude, it's $8.05 per day! I get it for my kids and they might even drink $8 worth of soda per day but I don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to figure it out.

Why try to cheat the system? We've considered having just one of us get the drink package and the other drink bottles of wine at the discount (which is allowed), but we both like mixed drinks, bottled water, beer, wine and champagne so we decided one of us would feel cheated if we didn't both have it.

It's unfortunate that so many people are looking for ways to smuggle liquor on board (it's fairly priced if you order from Princess before you get on board), Just buy it if you want it. They let you bring all the soda and water you want. So, why cheat the system? I don't know, it's an honor thing and apparently people feel they "deserve" it so they do what they want.

Sorry, I'm not usually on a soapbox but I feel this is such a clear cut right and wrong.

I repeat, I wasn't trying to circumvent the system. It was an innocent question trying to get clarification. This question was asked not because I was looking for support for cheating but because the amount of beverages ordered would not be any different. Why do so many Cruise Critic members seem to go out of their way to post negative and misguided responses to innocent questions. As it is, no one has yet answered my original question, which was is there a certain amount of time between drink orders that is limited?

No wait time, apparently you can order one drink at a time, I have in fact ordered a cocktail-disliked it and then ordered another straight after- the waiter did not take it away and I gave it to my daughter.

Too many lectures on this board- do not see why people have to lecture people -just answer the question or do not respond negatively far better!

8 minutes between drinks...unless it changed recently

You are not limited to a certain number of drinks within a certain period of time. It is unlimited.

This is what it says on the pre-order form on the Princess website:

All-Inclusive Beverage Package:

Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes

any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines,

beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Price includes service charge

Item # 0525 – $56.35 per person/per day*^

So I think that it is very clear that there is no sharing.

Per PERSON Not PER FAMILY! Don't be Cheap and buy TWO! Jeeze!!

Per PERSON Not PER FAMILY! Don't be Cheap and buy TWO! Jeeze!!

It's not really being cheap. It's being frugal.

Here's how I figure it out (names made up; amounts are approximate)

Michele likes her hot chocolate and gets one each day. Her habit costs $20 for the week. Outside of that she drinks only tap water.

Michael likes his soda. Total cost for cruise comes his daily habit comes to $50 for the week.

Total cost for the two for the week: $70. Cost of card: $51. Savings: $19

If two cards were needed then the cost for the couple would be $0 because the couple wouldn't buy the cards. She would either bring on board her own hot chocolate mixes or go without. He would bring his own soda on board (and get the type he really likes to boot!).

By the two sharing the card the cruise line gets $51. If both were forced to get the card then the cruise line would get $0. $51 is better than $0.

Soda and other non-alcoholic drinks are very high-profit items. Many dozens of cups of sodas can be made from just a few cents' worth of concentrate. Add in the cost of the cup, straw, and soda water you are talking about 15 to 25 cents to make a soda. This is then sold at $2 or more! Why don't you think many restaurants have free refills? It's because even with the refills they still make a good profit on the item.

Nope, it's being cheap and you're obviously trying to cheat the system - then trying to justify your actions as most cheaters do.

It's actions like this that ruin it for everyone else, pretty soon when Princess catches wind of this kind of cheating they'll require everyone in the same stateroom purchase the package. Much like when Princess took away the unlimited nternet perk and put a limit on it thanks to all of those who would stay logged in and let their friends and family use it all day.

Nope, it's being cheap and you're obviously trying to cheat the system - then trying to justify your actions as most cheaters do.

It's actions like this that ruin it for everyone else, pretty soon when Princess catches wind of this kind of cheating they'll require everyone in the same stateroom purchase the package. Much like when Princess took away the unlimited nternet perk and put a limit on it thanks to all of those who would stay logged in and let their friends and family use it all day.

I agree, one can't twist the package to suit their cheapness, its theft plain and simple.

Eventually because of things such as this it will change back to the requirement of all in the cabin must purchase.

I agree, one can't twist the package to suit their cheapness, its theft plain and simple.

Eventually because of things such as this it will change back to the requirement of all in the cabin must purchase.

I am in total agreement. I am actually surprised that Princess hasn't already changed to requiring everyone in a cabin to purchase the package......

Bob

Here's how I figure it out (names made up; amounts are approximate)

Michele likes her hot chocolate and gets one each day. Her habit costs $20 for the week. Outside of that she drinks only tap water.

Michael likes his soda. Total cost for cruise comes his daily habit comes to $50 for the week.

Total cost for the two for the week: $70. Cost of card: $51. Savings: $19

If two cards were needed then the cost for the couple would be $0 because the couple wouldn't buy the cards. She would either bring on board her own hot chocolate mixes or go without. He would bring his own soda on board (and get the type he really likes to boot!).

By the two sharing the card the cruise line gets $51. If both were forced to get the card then the cruise line would get $0. $51 is better than $0.

Soda and other non-alcoholic drinks are very high-profit items. Many dozens of cups of sodas can be made from just a few cents' worth of concentrate. Add in the cost of the cup, straw, and soda water you are talking about 15 to 25 cents to make a soda. This is then sold at $2 or more! Why don't you think many restaurants have free refills? It's because even with the refills they still make a good profit on the item.

There is a big difference, both money and profit, between the soda package and the AIBP.;)

Try to rationalize it anyway you want to make yourself feel better, but it's still stealing. How many other things do you just steal because you work hard for your money and are too frugal to actually pay for? Or because you've deemed that the profit margin is too large? Honest officer, I wasn't shoplifting I was being frugal.

Try to rationalize it anyway you want to make yourself feel better, but it's still stealing. How many other things do you just steal because you work hard for your money and are too frugal to actually pay for? Or because you've deemed that the profit margin is too large? Honest officer, I wasn't shoplifting I was being frugal.

I wish I had paid more attention in college when I took a class in logic. I could tell you the name of the logic fallacy you are stating.

I'm not shoplifting or stealing. I have paid for the package. The package entitles me to unlimited non-alcoholic drinks. Once I get said drink it is mine to do with as I see fit. If I want to I can give it away, throw it out, or just sit and stare at it for hours.

Again, if I and my partner were to both order multiple drinks each per day then 2 packages would be ordered. If I drink a lot during the day and my partner only wants one (or less) drink a day then it doesn't make sense to have two packages.

I wish I had paid more attention in college when I took a class in logic. I could tell you the name of the logic fallacy you are stating.

I'm not shoplifting or stealing. I have paid for the package. The package entitles me to unlimited non-alcoholic drinks. Once I get said drink it is mine to do with as I see fit. If I want to I can give it away, throw it out, or just sit and stare at it for hours.

Again, if I and my partner were to both order multiple drinks each per day then 2 packages would be ordered. If I drink a lot during the day and my partner only wants one (or less) drink a day then it doesn't make sense to have two packages.

Then the right way to do it is get your drink using the drink package and pay for your partner's drink individually. The package is per person, not per couple. Surely you don't believe you could order drinks all day and walk around giving them away as part of the package.

Edited by Osborn Cox

Trying to decide wether to prepurchase this. My personaliser is in AUD and its $70AUD a day. I cant see the current USD total price in my personaliser so I am unable to work out the exchange rate. Could someone post the current USD inc tip please?