Navigator - Almond milk

it's not real milk, so it won't spoil.

Why does the GF keep it in the fridge if it doesn't spoil:confused:

To the OP never seen it on any ship

Edited by jonbgd

If you NEED it, you can request it thru special needs.. it's iffy, at best. You could bring your own....it's not real milk, so it won't spoil.

Almond milk, like regular milk, does needs to be refrigerated, but you can find small cartons of almond milk that don't have to be refrigerated for a long time. By the way, you can also find regular cows milk in cartons that doesn't need to be refrigerated as well!

Edited by ano

I recently sailed on Navigator and was advised to bring sealed almond milk aboard in my carry on bag. I usually prefer to bring the small 3 packs to keep the milk freshest but could only find a large size this time. I asked the room attendant to remove all the mini-bar items from the fridge and kept the opened container in there. The mini fridges are not as cold as normal fridges but it did the job.

Tetra paks of almond milk sold on non refrigerated store shelves do not need to be refridgerated until opened. Almond milk sold in milk carton type containers in the refridgerated sections must be stored in the fridge right away. Either one goes bad if you don't put it in a fridge once opened.

I sent in a special needs request for a specific brand of almond milk that does not use carageenan (very bad IF you have gastro issues) so I am hoping they can get it. If not it's black coffee or tea for me.

I'm highly sensitive to lactose so even the so called lactose free milks and cheeses which are very low in lactose cause gastro problems.

Just have an alternate plan if they can't get you the almond milk you need.

Also even if you state on the special needs form that you are lactose intolerant, you still need to get your waiter to get the head waiter to get you the next days' menu so you can pick items to be made lactose free. The milk carton on RC menus only indicates that the item CAN be made dairy free not that it is actually dairy free. The first night in the mdr is a challenge but they seem to be very accommodating and make substitutions where possible. You then choose the next night's dairy free meal with the head waiter before you leave. When you go the next night and subsequent nights, just tell your waiter that you ordered a dairy free meal through the head waiter the previous night and everything should go smoothly from there on.

Edited by Neeny12