Can you upgrade day OF sailing?

zaknzoey

Is it possible to call and get an upgrade the day of sailing? It seems there are lots of suiets and Mimi suites available on my sailing. Thought about upgrading. If available, will they let me do that?

Call the upsell number at 800-625-4309 and see if there's anything available now. I called yesterday for our's that leaves on 1-31 and was able to upgrade from an inside to a family suite with a balcony for $1000.

Is it possible to call and get an upgrade the day of sailing? It seems there are lots of suiets and Mimi suites available on my sailing. Thought about upgrading. If available, will they let me do that?

It is possible, BUT you cannot do it at the pier at check in or on board the ship, you have to call the appropriate number before you even go to the pier. Do not expect to get a deal though, you will likely pay close to the full fare for the cabin.

We visited with the future cruise rep about onboard upgrades when we were on the Jade a few weeks ago. She indicated that NCL's practice is to offer upsells/upgrades in the last few weeks before the cruise. As a result by sail date there generally aren't cabins available that people would want to upgrade to. Don't know that this is a fact for all cruises, but based on our experience and what I've read about upsells on CC it sounds reasonable.

Guessing which is why I said "probably".

"guessing" != "probably"

probably |ˈpräbəblēˈpräblē|

adverb [ sentence adverb ]

almost certainly; as far as one knows or can tell: she would probably never see him again | “Would you recognize them?” “Probably.”

It is possible, BUT you cannot do it at the pier at check in or on board the ship

Because we sail during holiday times, the ship is almost always full.

On a number of occasions, I have seen a sign at guest services saying that as the ship is at capacity, there are no upgrade opportunities available.

That would indicate to me that it can be done onboard if the ship wasn't full. Whether there are actually any upgrades still available is a different matter (if they have been actively selling them in the lead up), but I always assumed it was a theoretical possibility.

On a number of occasions, I have seen a sign at guest services saying that as the ship is at capacity, there are no upgrade opportunities available.

The sign has been there on all of our cruises as long as I can remember (even on repo cruises that rarely sell out) - and we do not usually cruise during holidays.

That would indicate to me that it can be done onboard if the ship wasn't full.

To me that only indicates that they do not want to have the hassle of upgrades anymore at that point.