Insignia Penthouse Dimensions

ricki

Does anyone know the actual dimensions of the penthouse suites? I have the square foot measurements, not the actual length and width. I called Oceania, but they were unable to help.

Thanks in advance!

Ricki

Well, the are the same as the other "R" ships.

I don't know the exact dimensions BUT I can say that the PH rooms are wider than the lower veranda cabins. In those cabins, if one wants to walk from the entry to the veranda, only one person can pass at a time. The PH is wide enough that two people can cross at the same time. This is also the difference on the veranda which permits lounge chairs as opposed to plain chairs.

These are not huge rooms but they are comfortable. I've only seen square footage amounts, not dimensions.

Maybe if you are more specific in your question we can be more helpful.

Mura

Does anyone know the actual dimensions of the penthouse suites? I have the square foot measurements, not the actual length and width. I called Oceania, but they were unable to help.

Thanks in advance!

Ricki

I don't believe that any one set of dimensions could be correct for all, or even the majority of, the Penthouses on the R class ships.

Oceania_Cruises_Regatta_Class_Deckplans_Deck_8.jpg

Sure, the deck-plans show them as indistinguishable from one another, but in reality the R ships are small enough that the positioning of ducts, pipes, wiring and other structural necessities cause irregularities in the sizes of at least some Suites.

They are certainly not "cookie cutter" similar, and although I have never taken a measuring tape to them, I have noticed over time that the Penthouses closest to the forward elevators seemed square in shape to me (i.e. wider), while those aft of midships come across as more rectangular.

We were in 8005 for a Transatlantic a year ago, but we did not measure it. It was a nice sized cabin, the only congestion for two people was in the hallway by the door. The living room area was generous, and the balcony was ample for the lounge chairs and tables. My husband might be able to estimate length and width, but that is not my forte.

I can estimate the width perhaps: between the king sized bed and the opposite wall, where the dressing table/counter was, one person could walk through easily, so there must have been at least a 4 ft space there. And the vanity table/counter space was probably 30 inches deep. So, if you know the depth of a king sized bed, add the 4 ft of walk way and 30 inches of counter, there is the width of the room. Can't begin to figure out the length. Sorry!

Question: why does the client want to tape out the dimensions of the room? Are they thinking of having 3 people in the room? Just curious! :)

We were in 8005 for a Transatlantic a year ago, but we did not measure it. It was a nice sized cabin, the only congestion for two people was in the hallway by the door. The living room area was generous, and the balcony was ample for the lounge chairs and tables. My husband might be able to estimate length and width, but that is not my forte.

I can estimate the width perhaps: between the king sized bed and the opposite wall, where the dressing table/counter was, one person could walk through easily, so there must have been at least a 4 ft space there. And the vanity table/counter space was probably 30 inches deep. So, if you know the depth of a king sized bed, add the 4 ft of walk way and 30 inches of counter, there is the width of the room. Can't begin to figure out the length. Sorry!

Question: why does the client want to tape out the dimensions of the room? Are they thinking of having 3 people in the room? Just curious! :)

Or handicapped, and want to know if wheelchair, scooter or other device will fit.

I would start with about 15 ft wide by 18ft long it should give a rough idea of space plus it has a connecting door so not sure how that will impact on the location of furniture

The balcony is included in the total measurement of 322 sq ft

Edited by LHT28

Thank you Mura and Stan and Jim.

I am specifically referring to 8006. My client wants to layout the measurements with masking tape on the floor at home to get a more exact idea of the size.

Ricki

Ricki-

Ah memories!

Our very first Oceania cruise was Barcelona to Istanbul, sailing on April Fools Day of '05.

Coincidentally, we were on the Insignia and in Penthouse 8006!

b_172220.jpgb_172211.jpg

Keep in mind the soft furnishings and rugs will have been updated, but otherwise, LHT gives a very good guestimate of room size in her Post #7, and this is very close to what your clients should expect.

The entrance area of the Suite looks very much like this. If there were a connecting door, it would be to the right of the desk.

525x366.jpg Hope that this helps, even if just a little!

If reference to post 5. As I recall, the beds are queens size, not king size.

We have found the PH suites to be most comfortable on the R ships. We have been in several different ones and in my memory (which does sometime fail me) the size differences are minimal.

Edited by findacruise

Your're right, it probably was a queen sized bed. That is what we have at home, and as I recall, it wasn't any different in size. So, that would give more space between the bed and the counter for whatever.

Queen and King beds do not differ in length, only in Width....:cool:

http://www.beddingexperts.com/mattress-sizes-chart/

Going back to the suggestion that OP might be wondering about space configuration in terms of accommodating a wheelchair or scooter.

I'm repeating myself -- BUT -- back in Nov '05 we had an upsell to an OS on Regatta at the last minute. Even more last minute, I blew out my knee just before boarding. I was very glad to be in the OS because there I had plenty of room to negotiate the wheelchair I was using.

I admit that I ASSUMED that there wasn't enough room in a PH (our usual digs) to accommodate the wheelchair ... but I'd be surprised if there is.

I'd be interested in hearing from someone who knows about this ... I'm not using a wheelchair these days, but you never know ...

Mura

Ricki-

Ah memories!

Our very first Oceania cruise was Barcelona to Istanbul, sailing on April Fools Day of '05.

Coincidentally, we were on the Insignia and in Penthouse 8006!

b_172220.jpgb_172211.jpg

Keep in mind the soft furnishings and rugs will have been updated, but otherwise, LHT gives a very good guestimate of room size in her Post #7, and this is very close to what your clients should expect.

The entrance area of the Suite looks very much like this. If there were a connecting door, it would be to the right of the desk.

525x366.jpg Hope that this helps, even if just a little!

Stan and Jim,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post these photos. They offer much more information than the photos on Oceania's website.

Hopefully these photos, plus the comments of some of the other posters, will help my clients visualize the accommodations better even without exact measurements.

Ricki