Live from the Crown - Jan 22, 2016 - 3-day Baja Getaway from San Pedro

CanadianBurger

Sam!! One of the best CD's. :)

Last October on the Crown we didn't have Sam (although have enjoyed her on several other cruises) but we did have the same excellent captain (Lawes) & maître d' (Neville).

CanadianBurger...thanks for taking us along on the Crown with you which we're sailing for a week again this Spring...Buon Viaggio! :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

I see they've switched out the CD since my cruise two weeks ago.

Dan Appleby was just okay. I hope this is an improvement. Princess has decided to have two (2) cruise directors (CD and Entertainment Director). One is front of the house, the other is behind the house going to meetings and making schedules.

Loving your photos. How are you doing this? I have to download to a third party and upload to CC. Would be so much simpler if I could go from phone to CC.

This will be one short cruise. Enjoy.

Headed down to the MDR for dinner around 7. Was seated immediately at a table for 6, and within a couple of minutes, had four dinner companions.

You'll notice over the course of the cruise that my plates will be oddly devoid of vegetables. Much to the dismay of my wife, a vegetable that I eat hasn't been invented yet. Unless you count yam fries... Anyway, the dinner table was oddly bare, as everything, including butter, salt, and pepper, was served.

6c9a501b97276a7b365a7b80f13cd68d.jpg

I pretty much always get the fettuccine alfredo in the parmesan basket. Always.

da27b6e31c527fd396b5464f7be99c51.jpg

For the main, I had the tenderloin medallions, which were excellent.

ac9aec397caf33ced6f7371d7f1b0bd5.jpg

Dessert was the chocolate soufflé, which was beyond great.

ff969882bc20da8dd94b49a5d17b6c48.jpg

I should mention at this point that I've vowed to take the stairs everywhere, since I'm centrally located on Caribe. I should be able to last three days.... My Apple Watch is quite happy with the calories I've burned, but I still don't think the calories burned can keep up with the intake. Oh well, I'm cruising! I'm not going to worry about it!

cff47d7612ea204fb348f3feb847a486.jpg

My table mate had the flourless chocolate cake, my wife's favourite.

I'm currently sitting in the Princess Theatre, for the 10:00 magician, Carlos Oscar. Stay tuned...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not sure why I said magician before, but Carlos Oscar was the comedian. He was a little manic, but moderately funny. Seen better, seen worse. Looking forward to Magic To Do tomorrow night.

3f767c69fdbfae80163e01407cdd659c.jpg

Here is the Patter for our sea day tomorrow.

b975937b4b815bd993c8ae9a79ae5bb6.jpg

2645166734df4974ad8084ee27a65bed.jpg

f9d4cc7a3fe22717ed3c975e13a6bf4b.jpg

19a0fc4f1c0acc6f30efa4a93c309234.jpg

It's still relatively early; I think I hear Crooners calling my name...

Day 2: At Sea

Got up around 8:30, and headed down to the Da Vinci dining room for breakfast. It's the only one out of the three that was open. There was quite a line, but it moved quickly. Less than a five minute wait.

Here's the breakfast menu:

63acbab5a63dc95c26e07ed8779a221c.jpg

c8ee99d1f54af16ed3fbd8914e42ca73.jpg

Because no cruise is complete without Eggs Benedict in the morning, I ordered off-menu. They were perfectly cooked, and looked so good I ate them before thinking to take a pic. Maybe tomorrow...

I'm now up in Skywalkers waiting for trivia. (I broke down and took the elevator. Wasn't going to walk up to 18). I'll let you know if I score any Princess swag.

bf9f71f91530ab106e4440bf2cce0cb5.jpg

What I call the "Crown Shake" vibration is still evident in certain aft locations.