Too much mail!

Iamthesea

I was not getting brochures for a long time YEAH!!

Then made the mistake of signing up for the email specials

Then the sale brochures were back hot & heavy

today I got a Regent one

I did unsubscribe again a few weeks ago so I figure another month or so they may stop :D

• 7 months later...
Don't ever order any steaks from Omaha Steaks and you should not be bothered. ;) We have received a call from them every day for the last year after ordering steaks through the Today Show as a Christmas promo. Have asked them to take us off the call list. Even come close to telling them that the person they were trying to contact is dead. :D

I do not mind an occasional booklet or brochure in the mail, but 3 or so a week is way too much. And when they somehow get a hold of the address of a relative, that's pushing it too far!

Besides, by the time those brochures with price changes, etc. go out, I either already know about them through CC, or the prices are no longer available. ;)

Thank you for the link for unsubscribing, LHT28. :)

I too think that an occasional brochure or catalog is great but I now get approximately 3 brochures/mailings per week and I get 2 copies (hubby and me!). These have to cost considerable money for paper, printing, addressing and postage. They do no good whatsoever! I already know the information or I have already booked my cruises for the next 2 years or my very smart TA gives me a text with the information I need. It is getting irratating and makes me wonder if the money could not be better spent in some way. Let us opt out of the ads and put that money toward a charity or something. Please take pity on my poor mailman -- I cruise on many lines and none of them sent excessive mail except O and Viking. Mail for life:D

Saving the stack of mail is funny. Wish I had thought of that. Then I could pack them all up and "return to sender." :D

I so agree! My poor mailman. :( Many days, that's all he needs to deliver. I wish I could tell him not to.

PS - I unsubscribed several months ago and it has done no good. If anything, we are getting more!

Edited by Iamthesea

PS - I unsubscribed several months ago and it has done no good. If anything, we are getting more!

We had to resolve a similar situation recently, and what we learned was that each time that a Travel Agent sets up a Booking for a client, there is a way of communicating to Oceania if that person is an existing customer or "new to the Line".

Apparently, each "new" designation carries with it the possibility of Brochure generation, and in the interest of each Agent "owning" their client base, it is the Agent who puts names on mailing lists....or not (it involves clicking a box).

Asking all but our latest Agent to "kill the paper stuff" worked in our case, but I can see where some people wouldn't necessarily remember who they had used. Some seem to change Agents with every new voyage.

We stopped getting brochures about a year ago. I like getting them. Actually perhaps we're the reason you all are getting so many. Our last two cruises we booked from a flyer. Nothing in 2016. Sad, really. Asked our wonderful agent to reup us and still nothing.

Mo

We stopped getting brochures about a year ago. I like getting them. Actually perhaps we're the reason you all are getting so many. Our last two cruises we booked from a flyer. Nothing in 2016. Sad, really. Asked our wonderful agent to reup us and still nothing.

Mo

if we were closer I would give you mine :D

Yes

just go to the link on their webpage

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/changeofaddress/

it does take several weeks before they stop but they did stop

Or call & asked to be taken off the list

Thanks so much for posting this unsubscribe link. I don't mind a brochure here or there - but the frequency of Oceania's brochures/mailings is ridiculous and a waste of resources IMO.

I can go to their website or contact my TA about upcoming promotions and cruises. Emails are fine, but the "snail" mail ads are ridiculous.

Thanks so much for posting this unsubscribe link. I don't mind a brochure here or there - but the frequency of Oceania's brochures/mailings is ridiculous and a waste of resources IMO.

I can go to their website or contact my TA about upcoming promotions and cruises. Emails are fine, but the "snail" mail ads are ridiculous.

So far that link has not worked for me. :( I am going to try it again. As I said, it seemed to help send me more mail. I booked directly with Oceania, too.

Edited by Iamthesea

Good luck

it worked for a while for me then they started again :mad:

Was browsing Oceania's Facebook page...and saw the following comment under the posting for "Architectural Digest’s Top Ten Most Decadent Restaurants at Sea list"...

Weird place to put this comment under...but looks like it may work out nicely for Kurt...;)

Kurt Harvilak Unless you are offering a period themed cruise on a Viking ship, complete with raiding and sacking coastal cities, we're not interested and want COMPLETELY REMOVED from you mailing list. By Odin, we have been trying for a year now to get the mailings stopped. But everyone with your customer service seems to have as head as spacious as your rooms are claimed to be, and as empty as the open sea upon which your ships sail. Your company has become a running joke in my neighborhood, yet your catalogs come in handy when lining my cat's litter boxes, or when I need something to start a relaxing backyard fire. Waste not!Like · Reply · 1 · September 6 at 4:39pm

Oceania Cruises Hi Kurt, please mail us at socialmedia@oceaniacruises.com with your name and mailing address so we can get you removed.

Like · Reply · 2 hrs

Edited by ipoh

Washington Post travel section Sept. 11, 2017 there is an article on excess mail and selling your information to other advertisers. Our friendly O cruise line was well featured. Some of the reasons so hard to get off the mailing list is that there is more than one source of names (other cruise lines, travel agents, credit cards and general richer zip codes coverage:p) The good news is that it starts all over again when you buy another cruise. {From anybody!} Viking mentioned too!