Just boarded the Reflection!

jenniebnyc

Quick post. Ate at Luminae for lunch. Servers running around in a frenzy. Service not great. Waited a long time for water (no aqua Panna) then waited for drinks. Food was good. I thought the burger was great. Cooked right and tasty. At muster. Still no luggage. No more plush towels in suites. New Bulgari has arrived. Same stuff/scent. Some in larger containers. No new delectable delights as promised in January. Butler had no clue what I was talking about. They are changing many of the wines but old ones still on menu. Brancott is considered premium. Um ok?! Looking forward to sail off and unpacking! Bon voyage!

6c2a7963da323eca58c9afe0b159979c.jpg332c24b3855d67d0da2633899a64e4f2.jpgbfc1758cea19df3bfcacbed718500fdd.jpg

How funny is it? You wait so long to go on a beautiful cruise with all these specialty restaurants and food options, and the first thing you eat is a BURGER....I must admit that is does look good...Enjoy your trip

I know! Because in real life I don't really eat them! I was really good. I mean it's just a burger but tasty.

What's wrong with Iceberg Lettuce? I ADORE Iceberg!! :) It's one of the few lettuces I can eat that doesn't turn my stomach inside out.

I just had to say that salad looks AMAZING - just the way I like it! It's SO hard to get an Iceberg salad on Princess! I'm lucky if I see one once a week.

I love the photos but that looks like iceberg lettuce on a salad and in an exclusive restaurant? Must be Modern Luxury.

I also bet that there are a number of 'no shows'...

Before you complain, I believe it is iceberg on the burger, but bib lettuce on the salad. I have had it in Luminae before, it was delicious.

Before you complain, I believe it is iceberg on the burger, but bib lettuce on the salad. I have had it in Luminae before, it was delicious.

You are most likely correct. It looked like iceberg to me in the salad as when I have been served Bibb (Boston) lettuce, it usually comes mixed with other greens. The food did look good!

No lettuce was even included in salad on menu. I had to ask for lettuce. I guess those little balls of goat cheese and one cherry tomato cut up was going to be it?! Odd.

Dinner tonight was fine. Nothing was too hot. Luke warm at best. Too many staff running around. Making it uncomfortable to enjoy a meal but much better food than mdr and Blu imo. Michaels club was dead at 8pm. Is three and another group of 5 and that's it! No worries about crowding and they are very eager to please!f12b88310136631ca3a030c37bb941e7.jpg

Lumpia spring roll was delicious.

741f67aa4640434cc9166b907367839d.jpg

Mdr Caesar salad. Lettuce not cold but dressing is great.

d292cf440519ccc8589e778f051c7b91.jpg

Filet with spinach and mashed potatoes. Shaved truffle and a bordelaise sauce. Very nice.

d9bd127dba4021c877d138f64423ad5e.jpg

Poached pear, yogurt custard, vanilla ice cream. It was nice.

2c873345725d16d3761f86e53ff60ea6.jpg

Ugly things on the ceiling that don't illuminate.

f5e632bcb5b26fe79de0157e13c4728b.jpg

Pretty. Simple. Would like a tablecloth though.

We are currently on the Reflection as well. First time on Celebrity (usually sail Princess and Holland America) and we are loving it! Beautiful ship and so many outgoing and interesting fellow passengers. We have met numerous genuinely nice people just in the last 6 hours. Luminae was delightful with great service and very tasty dishes. We now know why so many people enjoy this dining venue. The high speed internet is working great! Speed test shows 5 Mbs and it is possible to stream videos and listen to Pandora without any hiccups. It was a great surprise to see that XCellerate was installed and working for this cruise. Best internet we have ever experienced at sea. Can't wait to explore more of the ship tomorrow.

What's wrong with Iceberg Lettuce? I ADORE Iceberg!! :) It's one of the few lettuces I can eat that doesn't turn my stomach inside out.

I just had to say that salad looks AMAZING - just the way I like it! It's SO hard to get an Iceberg salad on Princess! I'm lucky if I see one once a week.

Lettuce turns your stomach , now that's a first on me.