7 ships in port, should we do westin?

PJB3

On the day we reach Grand Caymans there are unfortunately 7 ships in port. I really just want a relaxing day at the beach but it looks like we are one of the last ships to dock. Is it worth the money to reserve the Westin for a day to be assured I can get a lawn chair and maybe a bit more peaceful bit of the sand or would you just hope there will be chairs available at SeaGrape by the time we get there?

I know the feeling. We are there the same day as you, assuming you are on the Celebrity Silhouette. I asked a question about what to do with almost 20,000 people in port (post on page 3 of this forum) and got a couple of ideas. We are still trying to decide.

Not EVERYONE goes to the beach...especially the same beach area! Not everyone even gets off the ship! You'll be fine, I'm sure. Folks are coming and going all the time! We "northerners" can only take so much of that strong Caribbean sun!

Not EVERYONE goes to the beach...especially the same beach area! Not everyone even gets off the ship! You'll be fine, I'm sure. Folks are coming and going all the time! We "northerners" can only take so much of that strong Caribbean sun!

This particular day in port is unusually crowded. On one of the sites it shows the passenger as the fourth largest for the months of November through March, high season in the Caribbean. It is the highest for the month of March. The only problem is they don't list the Celebrity Equinox or the HAL Nieuw Amsterdam in that count and they will also be there. With that omission this could be the most crowded day in port for the whole year.

Most days are 11,000 or less, most much less. This day will be almost double that. This would be like going to Disney World at the most crowded time and trying to find a ride with a short line. This just won't be a normal day in Grand Cayman. I think it is wise to be prepared.

On the day we reach Grand Caymans there are unfortunately 7 ships in port. I really just want a relaxing day at the beach but it looks like we are one of the last ships to dock. Is it worth the money to reserve the Westin for a day to be assured I can get a lawn chair and maybe a bit more peaceful bit of the sand or would you just hope there will be chairs available at SeaGrape by the time we get there?

If you willing to withstand crowds, you could book a cabana at the Royal Palms and then you would be sure to get chairs. The website shows 2 out of 7 pool cabanas available and 3 out of 9 beach cabanas available. A beach cabana is $100 and a pool cabana is $50. The $2 entrance fee is waived for up to 4 people. This is an option since I think most places will be crowded anyway.