Watch purchase Oasis Eastern route. Ideas?

screamin400

My Timex died on a cruise once, and I can't live without my watch and was forced to purchase a new one. NO ONE had Timex.

I bought a Citizens Eco on St. Thomas, right at the Havensight Mall. Lots of options.

(for the record, it has already died, and my replacement Timex, purchased when I returned home, is still tickin')

How long ago was this? My Eco-Drives have a 5 year warranty. Now 6 years I think cause I registered them online.

dp

Lots of opinions on watches. Take a look at Shinola. Some have large faces, made in USA, and in or close to your price range. I have never seen them discounted but when bought on ship or ashore you save on sales tax vs buying at home. I have a Runwell Sport and like it a lot!

I usually stay away from watch posts, as I am one of those sick watch geeks and collectors, but if the OP is interested in a quartz watch with a larger face, then Shinola is a definitely worth a look. And unlikely to be on the ship or in port (although I'd have to research the second part of that statement).

My Citizen EcoDrive is 12 years old now, and still keeps excellent time. It's even been diving a few times despite not being specifically a diving watch.

I priced them a week ago on the Carnival Magic. Two models stood out, both with big glow in the dark hands. Both were part of their upscale models, all with sapphire crystals and surgical steel cases/bands. The solar-powered one was $516, the mechanical one (a much thicker dive watch) was $835.

The only problem I've ever had with mine is that it really needed a sapphire crystal. So I have some scratches...

My brother in law really likes his Tissot touch screen watch, and he paid much less on land than the ship's price.