Allure or Oasis? Which Do You Prefer?

Squirty27

I have cruised both several times. If you have never cruised RCI before, the only difference you might notice is that the main show on Oasis is Cats, on Allure is Mama Mia. Just make a choice on your preferred show.

Thom

Having done both, do you have a preference? We have cruised on the Breakaway twice, that is the extent of our cruising.

Thank you.

The ships are more alike than different now. Other than what's been previously mentioned, the Solarium Bistro space on Oasis becomes a specialty restaurant for dinner service specializing in healthy alternatives. On Allure it becomes Samba Grill, a Brazilian steakhouse concept. If either of those strongly calls to you that could help you make your choice.

Personally, my wife and I opted for Oasis. The Saturday-Saturday schedule gives you Sunday to recover from vacation, do laundry, get ready to head back to work and the like, which is nice. I also prefer Cats to Mamma Mia! as I despise jukebox musicals.

Edited by garnetpalmetto

Having done both, do you have a preference? We have cruised on the Breakaway twice, that is the extent of our cruising...
No, I don't really have a preference between the ships. I look at prices (usually very close, but not always), and how it fits my schedule. I'm going on Oasis this Saturday (30 Jan); I'm getting off a different ship in FLL that day and if I did Allure that would require an overnight hotel waiting for its Sunday departure. Note that Oasis is moving its homeport to Port Canaveral this fall, when Harmony of the Seas (aka Oasis III) starts service. ENJOY

Thom

They are so much the same ship, that you would have difficult telling if you were on one or the other. Minor differences (Allure is 1 inch longer), Cats vs Mama Mia, slightly different specialty dining choices.

Figure out which ports you want to visit, and if you want to go on a Saturday or a Sunday, then pick one of them.

I do agree with Bob that the Solarium Bistro on the Oasis is a welcome treat. We had breakfast and most lunches up there, loved the healthy alternatives

Edited by Valiamo

Oasis because it attracts the Millennials like myself. When I speak about royal among my friends they know what the oasis is but no clue about Allure. Also I noticed an older demographic on the Allure compared to Oasis. The cruise director had a hard time filling the ice center tondo the Quest game and that was a first for me since they usually pack the room. I was sailing in May which is not a low demand month. Coincidence? Maybe, but I rather pick Oasis.

Oasis because it attracts the Millennials like myself. When I speak about royal among my friends they know what the oasis is but no clue about Allure. Also I noticed an older demographic on the Allure compared to Oasis. The cruise director had a hard time filling the ice center tondo the Quest game and that was a first for me since they usually pack the room. I was sailing in May which is not a low demand month. Coincidence? Maybe, but I rather pick Oasis.

Tend to agree with that. We had a week on Allure followed a day later by a week on Oasis, the Allure cruise was more relaxed and to me the CD and his team did a better job of organising events so they didn't clash. It was our first time on both ships.

Having done both, do you have a preference? We have cruised on the Breakaway twice, that is the extent of our cruising.

Thank you.

I saw Mamma Mia on Quantum and it was outstanding! I have no interest in seeing Cats (I saw it on Broadway years ago....yawn!)

Oasis because it attracts the Millennials like myself. When I speak about royal among my friends they know what the oasis is but no clue about Allure. Also I noticed an older demographic on the Allure compared to Oasis. The cruise director had a hard time filling the ice center to do the Quest game and that was a first for me since they usually pack the room. I was sailing in May which is not a low demand month. Coincidence? Maybe, but I rather pick Oasis.

This was not our experience on Allure at all. It must vary per sailing.

Edited by DonnaK

I agree oasis had a younger livelier vibe. Love both ships and as it turns out I will be on Allure in march for my second time but only because Oasis wont be in the States or we would have booked her!

We've sailed Oasis twice and Allure once. I would choose Allure over Oasis because the crew was much friendlier and offered much better service to us. Captain Johnny was on the Allure and his crew truly enjoys working for him and it shows. Our two Oasis cruises had snarly waiters and many crew who clearly did not want to be there. I know that crews can vary by cruise, but this is what we experienced. However, if I were you, I would choose the itinerary I wanted and go on that cruise.

I don't understand how one ship of the same size and class would attract millennials and the other one attract old people? The only main differences being day of departure and main show. Does a 35 year old play Cats speak to the millennial generation? :)

I think a lot of it probably stems from the Oasis being the "default" ship that people initially think of because it is the Oasis Class - same thing with Freedom & Freedom Class, etc.

Of course I bet any Allure sailing would look like a grade school field trip when compared to a HAL cruise. I can tease because I am 45 and getting closer to that demo... :D

I saw Mamma Mia on Quantum and it was outstanding! I have no interest in seeing Cats (I saw it on Broadway years ago....yawn!)

This was not our experience on Allure at all. It must vary per sailing.

I second the last statement. as for Cats, my wife has seen in on stage and wants to see it. I'm going along for the husband points, but will keep an open mind. :cool:

When we booked, we went with Allure because we preferred the Eastern ports to the Western ports for the week we wanted to go. Having said that, I'm really happy we went with Allure since shortly after we booked, I found it Chicago was being replace with Mamma Mia (much better than Chicago, and much much better than Cats on Oasis). Plus with a Sunday departure, it lets us fly in the day before without missing another day of work / school.

When we booked, we went with Allure because we preferred the Eastern ports to the Western ports for the week we wanted to go. Having said that, I'm really happy we went with Allure since shortly after we booked, I found it Chicago was being replace with Mamma Mia (much better than Chicago, and much much better than Cats on Oasis). Plus with a Sunday departure, it lets us fly in the day before without missing another day of work / school.

If you want a little of both, I highly recommend walking down to the beach and watching Oasis depart. It was a great time and made the day before even more enjoyable.