Attire for the Steakhouse on Carnival Legand

DreaminofOz

I posted this on the Carnival forum, but thought I may get a more accurate answer over here.

My father and I are cruising on the Legend in May to Alaska. I was thinking of surprising him with dinner in the steakhouse one evening. But he is not a man that likes to dress up at all. I know that in general the dress on Alaska cruises is more casual, but wasn't sure if that carried over to the steakhouse or not. Would he be too under-dressed in jeans and a flannel shirt?

I posted this on the Carnival forum, but thought I may get a more accurate answer over here.

My father and I are cruising on the Legend in May to Alaska. I was thinking of surprising him with dinner in the steakhouse one evening. But he is not a man that likes to dress up at all. I know that in general the dress on Alaska cruises is more casual, but wasn't sure if that carried over to the steakhouse or not. Would he be too under-dressed in jeans and a flannel shirt?

For your dad (& mine if I could even get him onto a cruise ship) take him to the Lido on the formal night(s). Take him to the steakhouse on a non-formal night & he will be fine.

Not that I have ever seen anyone turned away on formal nights. (Out of Galveston, they are used to "these are my fancy jeans." I lived in Texas for far too long, I can say that.)