Things to do in Miami pre-cruise

SRV FAN

We are flying into FLL, renting a car & driving to Miami for two nights pre-cruise. Staying at Hotel Victor in Miami's South Beach Art Deco area.

We'll have Friday evening, all day & night Sat & head back to FLL Sunday mid morning.

What shall we do while in Miami? Not really a shopping kinda gal... Beach is ok... No museums or zoos. But what else?? Not opposed to taking a decent drive somewhere... What landmarks should we checkout? Special areas maybe? Restaurants that are a MUST?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Last time in Miami, we enjoyed South Beach, walking by all the wonderful street front bistros and bars. We were drawn to a nice place with a table right on the edge of the sidewalk. They were promoting two for one cocktails. We had two Cuban sandwiches and two Mojitos. The sandwiches were less than $25 for both. Great deal. Until the bill came. The drinks were large, strong and tasty. And also $94.00 each ! Thankfully the drink was very strong so my good humor was not taxed. I wrote it off to Caveat Emptor. We should have asked. It was a great story for a wonderful holiday.

Cancel your rental and Uber to South Beach.

It will cost you $40 a day just to park the rental.

Definitely do the art deco walking tour.

Go to the Delano and walk through the hotel and head out to the pool and have a mojito.

Grab and outdoor table at News Cafe and people watch.

The Hotel Victor has the coolest fish tank, it's nothing but jellies!

Spend time on the beach.

Good restaurants:

Macchialina

Yardbird

Sushi Samba

STK

Prime 112

Nobu

Big Pink

Havana 1957

News Cafe

Tap Tap

Are you here for Sunday Brunch? Down here Sunday Brunch is the third weekend night.

You really only have one full day and two nights. I'd skip the drive to the Everglades and to the Keys for another trip.

Last time in Miami, we enjoyed South Beach, walking by all the wonderful street front bistros and bars. We were drawn to a nice place with a table right on the edge of the sidewalk. They were promoting two for one cocktails. We had two Cuban sandwiches and two Mojitos. The sandwiches were less than $25 for both. Great deal. Until the bill came. The drinks were large, strong and tasty. And also $94.00 each ! Thankfully the drink was very strong so my good humor was not taxed. I wrote it off to Caveat Emptor. We should have asked. It was a great story for a wonderful holiday.

Was it one of the Ocean Drive restaurants? They are notorious for ripping people off. Hate that happened to you.

Thanks for all the great ideas... We'll be staying in S Beach, so definately gonna be spending time there... Will be sure to keep an eye out for the place with the $94 drink! Oh my! Hope it was delish!

As for the Uber.... No thanks. We will enjoy our Lincoln MKS rental [emoji3] and being on our own. And we aren't into walking everywhere. Not worried about the parking prices. That's part of traveling... Some things are just rediculous....that's just part of it. But thanks for the heads up!

We've been to Key West many times... So I can already say "I've been to the Keys" [emoji3] (Thanks tho).

As for Sunday brunch .... We'll be there on the first weekend of the month.... So that's out. I have heard that a must do is the Rusty Pelican. Should we give that a try?

As for type of food we like.... It can be a challenge... I have to eat Gluten Free.... So no battered fried anything, no sandwiches.... We love really good seafood.... Steaks....

And Rum makes me sick.... So no Mojitos for me!

The Everglades.... If we can, we may check that out!

Thanks again!!

Keep the ideas coming!

Vizcaya Museum and Gardens

Red Fish Grill at Matheson Hammock State Park

Redlands Riot Tour - it's a fun way to spend an afternoon driving to all these neat little places. Our favorites are RF Orchids, Knauss Berry Farm, Fruit & Spice Park, Robert is Here (have to get a milkshake!) and then we end the day at Schnebly's Winery.

http://www.redlandriot.com/

Go to the Delano and walk through the hotel and head out to the pool and have a mojito.

Good restaurants:

Macchialina

Yardbird

Sushi Samba

STK

Prime 112

Nobu

Big Pink

Havana 1957

News Cafe

Tap Tap

Thanks for the great restaurant ideas! I googled them all! All but just a couple would work great for us! Still want to try the Rusty Pelican one night.... Gotta see the Miami Skyline at night!

Cancel your rental and Uber to South Beach.

It will cost you $40 a day just to park the rental.

The Hotel Victor has the coolest fish tank, it's nothing but jellies!

Spend time on the beach.

Good restaurants:

Macchialina

Yardbird

Sushi Samba

STK

Prime 112

Nobu

Big Pink

Havana 1957

News Cafe

Tap Tap

Are you here for Sunday Brunch? Down here Sunday Brunch is the third weekend night.

You really only have one full day and two nights. I'd skip the drive to the Everglades and to the Keys for another trip.

Where is the art deco walking tour?

Thanks for the great restaurant ideas! I googled them all! All but just a couple would work great for us! Still want to try the Rusty Pelican one night.... Gotta see the Miami Skyline at night!

The view from the Rusty Pelican is amazing. Really gorgeous. Food isn't that fantastic, maybe just go for a drink?

If you want a really Epic view, head to Area 31 at the Epic Hotel. Again, just go for a drink.

It's outside on the 31st floor of the hotel overlooking downtown, Brickell, Key Biscayne, Miami Beach.

The view from the Rusty Pelican is amazing. Really gorgeous. Food isn't that fantastic, maybe just go for a drink?

If you want a really Epic view, head to Area 31 at the Epic Hotel. Again, just go for a drink.

It's outside on the 31st floor of the hotel overlooking downtown, Brickell, Key Biscayne, Miami Beach.

Ok! Great! I did get a reservation at the Rusty Pelican for dinner...maybe it won't be terrible! [emoji33]

And Area 31 sounds awesome! We'll put that on the list too.

Thanks soooo much!

Ok! Great! I did get a reservation at the Rusty Pelican for dinner...maybe it won't be terrible! [emoji33]

And Area 31 sounds awesome! We'll put that on the list too.

Thanks soooo much!

It isn't terrible at all! We love to go there for the lunch!