Unable to use Broadwaytickets, any ideas?

lallarebecca

Dear cruisers,

I was planning to visit NYC for a couple of days pre-cruise in February, but due to medical reasons I will not be able to travel.

I have 2 tickets for the Broadway musical Jersey Boys on Feb. 24th, that I will not be able to use. Since I do not live in the US and do not have a US postal address nor phone number, I can´t sell them on Stubhub, Craigslist etc.

Is there anyone out there who might have an idea how I could get rid of the tickets without losing all the money I purchased them for?

Best regards,

Rebecca

Dear cruisers,

I was planning to visit NYC for a couple of days pre-cruise in February, but due to medical reasons I will not be able to travel.

I have 2 tickets for the Broadway musical Jersey Boys on Feb. 24th, that I will not be able to use. Since I do not live in the US and do not have a US postal address nor phone number, I can´t sell them on Stubhub, Craigslist etc.

Is there anyone out there who might have an idea how I could get rid of the tickets without losing all the money I purchased them for?

Best regards,

Rebecca

Did you post on the roll call for your cruise? They are a pool if folks who may be in NY on those dates.

I see a lot of theater tickets both listed and sold on ebay. They were under

Tickets & Experiences >Theater Tickets

I just did a search using Broadway theater tickets in the search bar

The idea of listing on your roll call is also a good idea but I would expand that to include all roll calls for any ship leaving a day or two after the 2/24 date

Thanks for your replies and ideas!

Unfortunately the theater refuses to refund me or exchange the tickets. They were willing to take them back, but told me clearly that even if they do resell them I will not get a refund.

I checked Ebay once again, and I got nothing under tickets and experiences - apart from loads and loads of old tickets and memorabilia.

Since the cruise I was supposed to take was not from New York, I do not have a roll call. Do you have any ideas how I can find roll calls leaving from NY? Is there a way without going through every single thread in the Roll calls category?

Bets regards,

Rebecca

Thanks for your replies and ideas!

Unfortunately the theater refuses to refund me or exchange the tickets. They were willing to take them back, but told me clearly that even if they do resell them I will not get a refund.

I checked Ebay once again, and I got nothing under tickets and experiences - apart from loads and loads of old tickets and memorabilia.

Since the cruise I was supposed to take was not from New York, I do not have a roll call. Do you have any ideas how I can find roll calls leaving from NY? Is there a way without going through every single thread in the Roll calls category?

Bets regards,

Rebecca

Anthem from Cape Liberty 2/6, 2/13, 2/21

2/1/16 Manhattan Norwegian Gem Eastern Caribbean

2/11/16 Manhattan Norwegian Gem Eastern Caribbean

2/14/16 Manhattan Norwegian Breakaway Bahamas & Florida

2/21/16 Manhattan Norwegian Breakaway Bahamas & Florida

2/21/16 Manhattan Norwegian Gem Eastern Caribbean

2/28/16 Manhattan Norwegian Breakaway

• 2 weeks later...

If you have travel insurance and you covered your trip from the day you were scheduled to leave your home....which is what you should do per insurance advice....

Then just file a claim

This should be covered with no questions asked

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unfortunately the travel insurance does not cover it since I did not book the trip as a package with everything included. :/

Are you saying you just bought insurance to cover the cruise? Through the cruise line?

What about your airfare? What about hotel costs?

It's very important to cover all costs when buying insurance.....from the day you walk out of your home....until you return back home....

And this is why you buy a 3rd party insurance policy that fits your needs

Just call it a day if you can't sell them and don't look back. Lol

Are you saying you just bought insurance to cover the cruise? Through the cruise line?

What about your airfare? What about hotel costs?

It's very important to cover all costs when buying insurance.....from the day you walk out of your home....until you return back home....

And this is why you buy a 3rd party insurance policy that fits your needs

Just call it a day if you can't sell them and don't look back. Lol

I guess it is working differently here in Sweden. I do have all my travels (cruise, air, hotels etc.) covered by my personal insurance without paying anything extra for it, but tickets for shows, theaters and similar are not covered unless they are bought as a package with the rest of the trip.

I guess it is working differently here in Sweden. I do have all my travels (cruise, air, hotels etc.) covered by my personal insurance without paying anything extra for it, but tickets for shows, theaters and similar are not covered unless they are bought as a package with the rest of the trip.

I understand now. It's not that way here. If you buy your own policy you just estimate your total non refundable costs....hotel.... air...prepaid admission tix ....etc...and most travelers do buy from a 3rd party insurer of our choice

At least that's the way it works now.... And hopefully stays that way after November 2016