How Many Bottles of Wine for Solo Cruiser?

robin13

That is a good idea. I will try that and if they do say something I will say it is for the other passenger in my cabin. I know that they just want to get people through security ASAP so I don't think they will say anything. Even if they do I will plead ignorance and they can keep the $10 bottle of wine. Thanks for the reply to my post.

Just don't try this in New Orleans. If they see cans or bottles in your carryon on tbe x-ray scanner, they pull you to a separate area, open your bags, and demand to see each physical passenger you're carrying wine or soda for. And they're quite rude about the whole process, even if you're following the rules. Actually the rudest security contractors I've experienced in any Carnival port.

Just don't try this in New Orleans. If they see cans or bottles in your carryon on tbe x-ray scanner, they pull you to a separate area, open your bags, and demand to see each physical passenger you're carrying wine or soda for. And they're quite rude about the whole process, even if you're following the rules. Actually the rudest security contractors I've experienced in any Carnival port.

No, I am leaving from Galveston in September. Hopefully the security people there are nicer than New Orleans.

If a solo pays double and then asks if they can get double points or bring 2 bottles of wine, how is that breaking the rules? Very reasonable questions and expectations, if you ask me.

Roz

So, excuse the ignorant question but I’m brand new to this experience. A person traveling solo will pay the same price as my husband and I are paying? If that’s the case then I wished I would’ve known that when I was single. I would’ve found another solo cruiser and split the cost.

I’m really shocked at how some people talk to others on this board. I’m almost afraid to ask a question! And it speaks volumes to how humanity is getting these days, but that’s a whole different conversation. But I am learning a lot about something that I know nothing about and looking forward to joining in on the fun!

So, excuse the ignorant question but I’m brand new to this experience. A person traveling solo will pay the same price as my husband and I are paying? If that’s the case then I wished I would’ve known that when I was single. I would’ve found another solo cruiser and split the cost.

I’m really shocked at how some people talk to others on this board. I’m almost afraid to ask a question! And it speaks volumes to how humanity is getting these days, but that’s a whole different conversation. But I am learning a lot about something that I know nothing about and looking forward to joining in on the fun!

For a little while carnival had some cruises for which it waived the supplement but not lately. And I agree with you about how unpleasant some people at this site have become!

Finding another person to cruise with isn't as easy as it sounds:

1. The other person has to want to cruise; it's not everyone's cup of tea.

2. The other person has to have to have the financial resources to cruise. You find out pretty quick when you ask someone for $175 for a deposit, and they can't come up with it.

3. It has to be someone you wouldn't mind spending a week or more with in a small cabin. I have dear friends I enjoy going to dinner with, or out for the evening, but I know I don't want to travel with them.

4. They have to want to cruise where you want to cruise to, and be able to take the time off from work or school. I enjoy taking Caribbean cruises during the shoulder season between Thanksgiving and Christmas when the kiddos are in school and prices are cheaper. My girlfriend who works in retail absolutely can't take time off during her peak season.

Roz

Don't be afraid. Sticks and stones and all that....