Wine Packages on Princess

I notice on the Princess Board they talk about Silver and Gold Wine Packages for cruises longer than 7 days which look very reasonably priced (though I realise the AUD will make a difference). Does anyone know if these packages are available on Australian based Princess ships?

Thanks

No, they are not :(

It's the All Inclusive Beverage Package at $64.90/day, or you can buy wine by the glass or bottle as needed. Can also pre-purchase wine by the bottle and have it delivered to your room, or BYO and pay corkage beyond the 1 freebie per person.

The AIBP is only $59 onboard. :D

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Thanks for the quick response, on my one and only Princess trip to date I didn't notice it for sale either but we had purchased the AIBP and once we had done that really didn't take any notice of what else was on offer.

The wine package for the US ships is a really good deal, its a shame they don't offer it here. Oh well its back to taking wine on board and paying corkage - we get the wine we want by doing that anyway.

Elise

I must admit we were a bit disappointed in the wines onboard Dawn Princess in August after indulging in some great wines on Sun Princess the previous Christmas. Especially as one of the few whites that I liked wasn't available on the first night. I had to throw a minor and very polite hissy fit at the head waiter before they "found" some for subsequent nights. Luckily the reds were always available.

The advantage of the package is that it is easier to match the wines with the various courses of the meal but I'm a bit concerned about what will be available on our next cruise as it's a repositioning cruise, with Golden going up to China for six months. They may be running down their stock of wine. Hmmm! Must practice my hissy fits just in case. :p ;)

As long as it is a 'polite' hissy fit you should be fine :D

I must admit we were disappointed with the wines on board the Diamond, you would think Australian based cruises would stock some really good wine but then I suppose they have to buy it in bulk and that limits their options. That is why I like the option of bringing your own on board and paying corkage but it can be quite a logistical nightmare on a longer voyage.

• 2 months later...