LittleMissMagic's 17-Day ~Pacific Princess~ Panama Canal **PHOTO REVIEW**

LittleMissMagic

Our ship photographers and videographer got off at the canal to photograph passengers on the ship. It makes for a unique perspective. Rachel was brushing her teeth on our balcony when the photographer, Scott, caught her in the action. She later went to buy the photo - because when else can you get a photo of you brushing your teeth on a cruise ship while going through the Panama Canal? - but they hadn't printed it because they were worried about embarrassing her. Ha! Our Rachel has no shame (and she got them to print the photo so she could buy it).

Edited by LittleMissMagic

And we're up!

Notice how the gates swing to open - the new locks have sliding gates.

Where's the photo of Rachel brushing her teeth?

Your photos really make want to do a full transit and see the new parts of the canal.

BTW, we'll be in your neck of the woods in the spring. I get to go back to Disneyland before we go to Las Vegas for DH's conference. Whoo Hoo!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

After passing through the Miraflores Locks, we left the stateroom to walk around the ship. I took the opportunity to photograph the canal from the aft in the Panorama Buffet.

I was surprised to not see many other passengers out on deck. Maybe they were all watching from their stateroom balconies? But it looked like many passengers did not give a darn about the Panama Canal passage - it was just any old sea day. And I think that could be because this crossing was essentially just an extension of the World Cruise on Pacific Princess (which I believe "officially" started when Pacific Princess departed Fort Lauderdale to go back through the Panama Canal, but there were apparently a good number of World Cruisers already onboard for this sailing).

Another one of my favorite spots to watch the Canal passage is outside on the Promenade deck.

Approaching Pedro Miguel Locks -

Hi Victoria,

We were on this cruise and love your photos. They bring up lots of fun memories!

We were up on decks 10 and 11 as the ship approached the Miraflores Locks. It was very crowded along the sides of the track on deck ten and in front, on deck 11. Unfortunately there are blue glass panes forward on deck 11 so passengers did not have the fantastic unobstructed view of the Canal you had a couple of decks down. By the time we entered the locks it was very hot and humid. We eventually moved to the Promenade Deck on deck five for shelter and a view of the sides of the locks. The next set of locks we saw from our balcony and the Gatun Locks from the spa on deck eight (unobstructed forward view).

I was surprised to see the almost deserted deck photos you took, but by the time we passed the first two sets of locks, many of the passengers who had been on deck since 6-7am were at lunch or seeking respite from the heat.

Again, great photos of a wonderful Panama Canal cruise and hope to see the rest of your pics soon!

• 3 months later...